babychic

Aveeno cream- for eczma/dry skin

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
chocolatepickle
Parent
Parent

Aveeno cream- for eczma/dry skin

#1 Unread post by chocolatepickle » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:27 pm

I've tried so many prescribed creams to help with LO's eczma and a bottle of this was given to me by artyfartymack last week to try and within 48hrs the improvement was amazing. It may not be the miricle cure for everyone but its highly recommended by me now. Its not yet completely cleared up the eczma but LO is under the weather and suffering (teething i think) so i'm not surprised as he normally flares up dramatically when he's unwell but touch wood its not been bad enough for me to use a steroid cream for the first time in a very long time. It rubs in and is absorbed easily and his skin is generally the softest its ever been.
Its not cheap to go and buy (i think between £6-9 depending where you get it) but it may be available on prescription if it is effective which is how we'll be getting it.
Thankyou so so much claire, i cant thank you enough! You'll see the improvement when you see LO :D

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#2 Unread post by artyfartymack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Aaah I am so pleased, I know it worked for Tom and now he only gets a few spots when he's teething or stressed. Most Dr's will happily prescribe it as they dont like prescribing steroids.

It is basically derived from oatmeal which has always been an old fashioned remedy for exzema and dry skin.

I use it too and so does my Dad now as we both suffer from Exzema too.

Return to “Reviews”