babychic

Umbertos Italian Restaurant- Hornchurch

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
chocolatepickle
Parent
Parent

Umbertos Italian Restaurant- Hornchurch

#1 Unread post by chocolatepickle » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 am

Now i'm not just recommending this because it OH's family run it...but the food really is amazing. This is my favorite restaurant to eat in. The food is in my opinion, unbeatable.
Its a little hard to find if your not looking for it because the entrance is off the main high street, round the back. But well worth finding. (its next to mandarin palace).
We had dinner there tonight, its very child friendly- Harry loves it. But if you have more then one small child you'd need to ring ahead to book really as i think there's usually only one child seat so they'd need to be expecting you to provide more.
They happily do child portions/extra's.
All their waiters are italian, which i love as it seems so authentic, and at the end of the evening one got his guitar and sang some songs in italian- harry thought it was great, he was amazed!
The main menu can be quite pricey though but if you go on a monday night they have a great 'couples deal' which it something like £50 for 3courses (for 2people) and a bottle of wine. And lunchtimes they have a set 3 course menu inc. coffee for £15!
It is a 'posh' but intimate restaurant and i honestly defy anyone that doesnt love it after they've been!!
I recommend it to anyone! :D

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#2 Unread post by artyfartymack » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:16 am

Might think about that for my 30th Kayley, I love italian. Thanks

Return to “Reviews”