babychic

Basildon, Billericay & Wickford Breastfeeding Support Groups

For information on groups that support parents, families and children.
PrincessPlaty
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Basildon, Billericay & Wickford Breastfeeding Support Groups

#16 Unread post by PrincessPlaty » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Jenn maybe it was hormones maybe it was over tiredness i dont know but yes i did take offence to it and yes i did consider not coming back on here. But my backbone is a hell of a lot stronger than that :wink: :lol:

Thanks weezypops x

3wolfcubs
I didnt find that your message was inappropriate at all and if it had just been the one message i received then i probably wouldnt have taken offence to it i would have just replied to you saying that was how the information was presented by Little Angels. I wasnt to know any different! There is such of lack of information in the area around breastfeeding support honestly how could i have known any different?

shewhomustbeobeyed
Its fine dont worry! As weezypops pointed out i myself had problems with breastfeeding and was actually sat here googling for info when i posted the list that little angels had given me as i couldnt find anything else and in my head i was thinking well if i cant find anything online then surely there must be other mums having breasfeeding problems doing the same, i may well be a new mum but im also the mum of 3 under 5's and i have multitasking down to a fine art now! :lol: My eldest was at school and my middle one at nursery n bubba was sleeping so i ceased the moment to try n get info out there to other mums who may have been desperately searching for as i had been!

There is a real lack of knowledge around breastfeeding and breastfeeding support in the area it is unreal aside from the info that was given to me by little angels and seeing a poster about the support group at cherrydown in basildon library (which i didnt see until last week) the info from little angels was all i knew of, when i asked my health visitor i was told she didnt know and would find out and get back to me ~ im still waiting! The midwife said to ask little angels! Ever so helpful werent they! :roll:

LittleAngelsJane
Thats fab that the correct info is being given out now especially if it stops anymore of this!

To be perfectly fair though i will say i do think it was really unfair the way this has all been brought up on here, if nothing else the responses i got and the way i was made to feel on here made me even less likely to attend a breastfeeding support group! Can you imagine what someone is like in real life if they are being like this on the internet? Hormones flying, lack of sleep and having problems with breastfeeding especially to a first time mum! The approach could have been very different in a way that it didnt put people off!

You know what the worst bit about it all was? I didnt go to any support groups and i didnt get the support i needed and my baby is now fully FF. I managed to continue BF up until he was 10 weeks even if it was only combined feeding towards the end. What was my reasons for stopping? well there were a few, for start the problems i was having with BF, the lack of local information available, the lack of support offered by HV's/MW's, the response this post got, and a very hungry unhappy baby!

But you know the most important thing is? My baby is 3 months old this week, he is healthy, he is happy and we are both getting a good nights sleep even if he is having 6 8oz bottles of hungry baby milk a day! BF or FF it doesnt matter as long as they are happy and healthy.

But all of this would put people off attending it really doesnt portray you in a very good light at all, its far to easy to get angry behind a computer and sometimes you react in ways you wouldnt in real life. I think this was probably one of those times what you need to do is sit back and think before you react because honestly, if i was googling for BF support in the area and came across this thread would i go to one of the support groups? Would i heck!

Return to “Support Groups”