babychic

Supporting for parents of children with learning differences

For information on groups that support parents, families and children.
TakesOnetoKnowOne
Newborn
Newborn

Supporting for parents of children with learning differences

#1 Unread post by TakesOnetoKnowOne » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Hey all

Just wanted to drop in and flag up our new parents workshops we arecurrently pushing in Havering.

Dyslexia. Dyscalculia. Dyspraxia. ADHD. Autism. These are loaded words. When your child needs support with a learning disability, it often causes more questions than answers. It can be a real minefield for parents! So TOTKO has created Learning Disability Support Workshops, just for parents like you! So whether you suspect your child has dyslexia and are struggling to find support, or your child has diagnosed Autism and you just want a bit of a boost, we’ve got your back. Our workshops are geared towards helping you access the right support for your child, as well as tips, ideas and techniques for supporting your child outside of school.

We are going to be touring the towns and villages of Havering in the coming months and would love you to join us! Workshops are being at the “Havering Only” price of £5. Space is limited so drop us an email to hellototko@gmail.com to register your interest and book place.

You can find out more about the team at totko.org and get the behind the scenes inspirational stories at hellototko.blogspot.com. Dont forget to say hey on twitter @hellototko

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Supporting for parents of children with learning differences

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Frequently Asked Questions

Who are Takes One to Know One (TOTKO)?
We are a group of learning disabled adults who are all diagnosed with conditions such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, ADHD and autism. All our lives we have worked against the stigma of having these conditions. It's not been easy but we got there! Now
we want to help others get what we have by offering friendly advice, workshops, support and inspiring those who need a boost.

Where can you catch us?
Right now we are in Havering and have contacted every school in the area. Talk to your head teacher about booking a parents workshop at your school or check your local library for one of our events. Alternatively, drop us an email at hellototko@gmail.com
and we'll work to accommodate your needs.

What else does Takes One to Know One do?
We offer schools workshops, equality and diversity training, adult skills workshops, one on one sessions and online support. We also offer LD awareness boosting training for teaching staff!

Can anyone come to a Takes One to Know One event?
Yes! It doesn't matter if you do or don't have a condition, whether your child is or isn't
diagnosed, or whether you are just curious to know more. We welcome everyone!
Come and say hello!

What do I get for £5?
The ticket fee gets you entry to the workshop and is valid for one person only. As well as the workshop which covers symptoms, support, tips, inspirational stories and a question and answer session, we will also put on a spread of refreshments.

Are children welcome?
Unfortunately, the parents workshops are for adults only, however we do offer a vast range of other services such as children's workshops and one to one sessions which you are more than welcome to enquire about and book.

How does I book a place?
You send us an email saying you'd like to attend, we book your place and send you a ticket which you need to bring along with you in the night, along with your £5 entry fee.

Unfortunately we cannot admit guests who have not previously RSVPd due to limited space.

TakesOnetoKnowOne
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by TakesOnetoKnowOne » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Just would like to add, we now have a confirmed date of 23rd of October, at Rainham Library, from 7pm-9pm with a ticket price of £5. RSVP to hellototko@gmail.com

hannah p
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by hannah p » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi. I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread! I have some products that naturally help with ADHD symptoms. I have had them approved by Steve Challum who heads up Chelmsford ADHD support group and they genuinely work (not a cure obviously but really helps with stabilising people). There is 60 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied so there is no risk on your part. All natural ingredients with no high levels of chemicals so ideal for children! For more details go to
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beauty-f ... 8209142658. Ask me all the questions you like or email me at hannahpape82@yahoo.co.uk

Return to “Support Groups”