babychic

Banner - Opinions Please

Have a question about this forum, how it works, what you can and can't post, something technical or similar? Post it here!
weezypops
Site Guru

Banner - Opinions Please

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm

So, I've been wondering whether to change the Essex Mums banner. A few people have asked me if I'm going to put Dexter on it too and I would like to. As well as that, I think it would be nice to use some pictures of the kids now they are older to show that it's not just aimed at parents of babies.

However, I feel a bit torn as Felix was the original Essex Mums baby and I use just his face on a lot of the 'branding' - the facebook page picture, twitter etc. so I don't know whether to keep him on there as a baby and just have a more recent one of Iris or add an older one of him.

What do you think?

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Banner - Opinions Please

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:13 pm

on top of that I worry that the images I get won't be as good as the Maria Murray ones so will look less professional...

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Hmmmm. Difficult one that.
It would be nice to have Dexter included obviously but that would probably involve a total redesign. You have plenty of suitable photos of the three of them to choose from.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:06 pm

As you say that Felix 'is the face of EM' that you should keep that one on the left and have one of the three of them together on the right?

I agree that on first look at the moment it looks like 'mums and babies' rather than mums and teenagers.

I do think that it may cause more damage than good to get rid of baby Felix as it is the brand image and I imagine people would recognise that even tho they were active members on the site.

But it is hard

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 pm

I like the idea of keeping the baby one of Felix and having the three of them on the other side.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:11 pm

I just think that if you leave it as it is then one day Dexter will say 'Why am I not on there Mummy?' and because you added Iris after the beginning - I don't know how you could answer that question? I suppose if Iris had always been on the banner then you could argue that's how it was back then but - does that make sense?

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Maybe I'll wait until Dexter's a bit bigger - 2ish, so I can have toddler, 6 year old, 8 year old, or something like that. I could have them all standing together and do a longer length picture so it isn't much wider than the current one of Iris.

Return to “About this Board”