babychic

Chemical Pregnancy

weezypops
Site Guru

Chemical Pregnancy

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Has anyone here had an early miscarriage aka 'chemical pregnancy'? When did you know the bleeding was a miscarriage and not spotting, and how long did it take for you to stop getting a positive pregnancy test?

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Chemical Pregnancy

#2 Unread post by Gina73 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:12 pm

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks, I thought it was just a late period, however the pregnancy test I had done that morning via the doctors showed I was positive. I think that early on, it is difficult to know, there were a few clots. I didnt do a further pregnancy test as the bleeding was like a heavy period so felt no need to do it, also my boobs stopped hurting the day after.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm afraid I don't know anything about this but didn't want to read and not reply.

I'm sure you have done plenty of reseaqrch into it online but I always go to babycentre.co.uk for info on all things pregnancy related. I remember there being a few posts about chemical pregnancies on the actively trying board a few months ago. I have always found the forums helpful and the information pages easy to digest.

Hope you find the answers you need.

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Thanks Gina and Jenn. The bleeding isn't very heavy which I'm a bit confused by as I assumed that once it started it would be like a normal period. I just want to know for sure really.

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Also I'm still getting morning sickness and am very tired, I would have thought they'd have stopped at the end of the pregnancy. Bah.

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#6 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:04 pm

I don't really know anything about this either i'm afraid but are you defiantly sure it's not just heavier spotting. maybe book a dr's appointment, even if it's just to put your mind at rest.
Sorry to hear it though, hope your ok xx

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by Gina73 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Louise, get yourself booked an appointment with a doctor, if he is concerned he will refer you on to the Early Pregnancy Unit. Either that or you can phone them via the hospital and they can advise you.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#8 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Ahh Lou did you get a positive preg test before your period was due and now bleeding before you were due?
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

weezypops
Site Guru

#9 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Yes, but a few days after my period was due - tested positive yesterday then started bleeding last night. Not heavy but considerably more than spotting.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#10 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Ahh huni. I no its easy to say but try and rest up as much as you can. The bleed could be anything. I would see a doc and see what they suggest for you.

Like Gina said really you would pass a few things if it was more than spotting hun. The M/C I had befor having Jack I knew it wasnt my period and the pain was alot worse I knew it wasnt right and was over within a day or so to the finish. The bleeding was there tho for a while, but you will no huni if its not right iykwim.
I hope everything is ok hun. Thinking of you x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by artyfartymack » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:57 pm

whats your cycle hun? If you ovulate later then it could well be implantation bleeding just around the time that your period is due. If you call the midwife then they should be able to get you into the EPU at southend who can check it all out for sure. Fingers crossed for you. I did wonder if you might be pregnant when you said you were feeling nauseous (((hugs)))

weezypops
Site Guru

#12 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:15 pm

I tend to have a pretty short cycle - about 25 days, and I think I ovulate around 12/13 but I don't chart it, just normally have mittelschmerz. It's normally pretty regular too so it would be pretty late for implantation bleeding. I suppose I could have ovulated later than normal though.

I'm not holding my breath but may try to get a blood test done in the next few days. I think I'll see how I feel in a couple of days, see if the bleeding changes and take another test to see if it's lighter or darker, then will decide from there.

Thanks everyone.

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

#13 Unread post by sheeina » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:54 pm

i know nothing about this and seems girlies have covered alot of info for you.
just wanted to let you know ive read it and think of you xxx
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#14 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 am

from what I was reading lastnight on babycentre if there is no pain with the bleed then 9/10 your alright. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#15 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:30 am

I have my fingers crossed for you Louise.

I miscarried at 5 or 6 weeks 3 months before i conceived Brandon. I did have pain, like a bad period pain and from the spotting starting to it being a heavy bleed, it only took about an hour and a half. I had the pain on and off for about a day or 2, then it stopped, with period type bleed carrying on for about 4 days.

When i fell for Brandon though, i bled again, with only a little pain, and had an internal scan which only showed the sac as i was only about 5 weeks, but had another scan 2 weeks later and saw his little heart beating. I carried on bleeding every 4 weeks, when i would have been due my period until after i reached 12 weeks pregnant. I dont know why though and i didnt have any bleeding at all with Ruby, so even if you havent had bleeds with Felix and Iris, you could still have it and i hope thats whats going on for you. Definately go doctors or hospital and hopefully you will get an early scan to check things for you xx
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Coping with a Loss”