babychic

Leigh Meet Up!

Have a great idea for a Mum's meeting? Post it here!

If you'd like to arrange something local to you, post it in the appropriate area to see who else is nearby
gemma82
Newborn
Newborn

Leigh Meet Up!

#1 Unread post by gemma82 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 am

Hello everyone,

After living in London for almost 8 years, my husband and little boy (aged 11 months) are moving to Leigh-on-Sea at the end of August. I'm 30 years old and originally from Chelmsford, but do not know the Leigh area very well. I would really appreciate if any mums out there could recommend any baby groups/cafes etc that are good for a boy who is into everything at the moment! Also if anyone would like to meet for a coffee/walk along the seafront please get in touch!

Looking forward to meeting some Essex mums :-)

Gem xxx

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Leigh Meet Up!

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:58 am

We go to Jo Jingles in Leigh, and used to go to Tumbletots there too - both were great, in fact we've been going to JJ for years! My kids are a bit old for baby groups now but there are lots of nice cafes and we would be up for meeting up! We love Went to Market in particular - it's a lovely little deli!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi ya

I live more Southchurch way - only 10 mins in the car tho (prob not even that on a good day) Be nice to meet up when you come although I don't know any groups in Leigh tho.

I do go to a few groups in Southchurch tho which are good if you want the drive (if you drive?) one of them is ran by a lady on here (Rachel)

Hope the move goes well!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#4 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Hey ya hun Im Gemma, 28 married and have 2 boys who are 6 and 1.
Theres a lovely place in Leigh, along Leigh Road called Oasis Cafe. Its almost opposite the Bowling place. They have a main area that people can choose to be seated at tables without children etc and theres an area with 2 sliding doors that leads to another area with toys etc that the kiddies can play while at the same time you dont feel that the lil ones are making too much noise :lol:
Ive never had any problems there and would recommend hun. x

Welcome to essexmums :D
If you fancy meeting one day we could go together :D x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

gemma82
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by gemma82 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks so much lovely ladies for your messages. I've heard really good things about Jo Jingles so will definitely check this out.
Gemma- Oasis Cafe sounds like an ideal place to take the little man! I will certainly let you know when I go down there. Jenn- I do drive so could come meet you for sure.
Will be in touch soon x

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Gina73 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 am

Hi and welcome to the site.

I live in Westcliff not far from Leigh. I have a daughter who is nearly 7 and a son who is nearly 9 months. I dont know any places to meet in Leigh but am happy to meet up.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#7 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 am

Hello!

I'm Helena, 36 and I have a 5 year old daughter and my little boy is 14 months, we live in Leigh just off the broadway. We are starting Jo jingles this Tuesday at 9.30 at Wesley church. I'm also going to start going to the Leigh library story session on a Friday at 10.30, otherwise st clements church do a group at I think the same time, I might pop in and look at some point.

Plus Wesley church has a toddler group every weds morning, and I'm going to take Luca as he may go to preschool there.

If you would like to meet or go together do pm me Huns.

Btw, Leigh is lovely.
Much love

Helena xx

gemma82
Newborn
Newborn

#8 Unread post by gemma82 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am

Hi Helena,

We're actually starting Jo Jingles tomorrow too so I look forward to meeting you! We also went to the story rhymes session at the library last Friday. It was fun and I leaned some new songs to sing to Hugo (poor boy hehe!)

See you tomorrow.

Gemma x

weezypops
Site Guru

#9 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:49 am

Aw, we're going to the session after you both!

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#10 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 am

Omg, Gemma, I will look out for you! we didn't go on Friday as Luca was a poorly boy x
Louise, will be so nice to see you, hopefully luca's cold will have gone by then xx

Return to “Meeting up - General”