babychic

Christmas Meal

Have a great idea for a Mum's meeting? Post it here!

If you'd like to arrange something local to you, post it in the appropriate area to see who else is nearby
bluewaterbabeiam
Graduate
Graduate

Re: Christmas Meal

#106 Unread post by bluewaterbabeiam » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Well hopefully not Louise!! Am sure I can find my way. Have google map, just not been that far into Southend before (only seafront). Happy to do whatever, just let me know by Fri! Lol.
Mummy to two lovable little monsters who mean the world to me and whom I love unconditionally and wife to the man I love with all my heart.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#107 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Louise if you want to meet for a drink before hand I would be happy to walk with you into town just let me know what you think.

Thanks Jo a lift is much appreciated and we'll get it all sorted before Friday :D

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#108 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:04 pm

bluewaterbabeiam wrote:Happy to give you and Louise a lift Gill but can't meet the others before 8.30 t!!
That's what i thought which is why I mentioned it. Didn't mean to sound rude - was just in a rush Gill! :)

Rachel - as I say I can be ready earlier. We can also chat about it on Thursday.

Jo - did you say that you used to live in the area? Just wondering if we can give you landmarks that you may recognise?

bluewaterbabeiam
Graduate
Graduate

#109 Unread post by bluewaterbabeiam » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi Jenn, no never lived in the area but been to the seafront quite a bit and into Leigh, that's it! Have been into the area via the A127 past the big Sainsburys/Symths etc and usually turn right by the footbrigde? further along!
Mummy to two lovable little monsters who mean the world to me and whom I love unconditionally and wife to the man I love with all my heart.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#110 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Not sure where the footbridge is? If you are not picking Louise/Gill up - then I would be tempted to stay on the A127, past Tescos, past The Bell Pub and then take the third exit at the roundabout (probably signposted to Southend United/Town centre?) This is a dual carriageway and takes you straight to the High Street. (past the police station and ugly library) At the end of the road, at the train station, there is a new looking road. Then to get to the resaturant - you go right towards Sainsburys and then left at the Roundabout. Salsa is at the end of that road on the right.

I have been lucky the last few times and managed to park on that road - otherwise I think there is a car park under the lego building which is obvious on that road. (not sure how much it is? might be better to park further away and not pay??) up to you tho?

bluewaterbabeiam
Graduate
Graduate

#111 Unread post by bluewaterbabeiam » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 pm

OK, thanks Jenn. Will do that then if the girls don't want me to pick you up after all! :-)

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#112 Unread post by Gillybean » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:56 pm

I don't mind waiting for you JO if you need a hand with directions

bluewaterbabeiam
Graduate
Graduate

#113 Unread post by bluewaterbabeiam » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 am

So what's it to be Gill and Louise. Am I picking you both up or just one of you or meeting there? Will come along A127 past Rayleigh Weir so which one of you is it best to get 1st?!

weezypops
Site Guru

#114 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:07 am

Sorry Jo, I'm still waiting for Kester to let me know what time he'll be home from work as he's trying to work out meetings etc. It might just be best for me to make my own way in, I'm not sure! I wouldn't like to keep anyone waiting.

bluewaterbabeiam
Graduate
Graduate

#115 Unread post by bluewaterbabeiam » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:11 am

Ok, no prob. Just let me know by 7.50pm tomorrow as that is when I will be leaving here hopefully! Just looked and it's best to get you 1st Louise then Gill if I do end up getting you both!

weezypops
Site Guru

#116 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:24 am

Okay, will do!

Schmushe
Blissful

#117 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 am

Just to let you know the parking in the lego type building (haha) is quite expensive, its a NCP car park and its not cheap. Try to find one on the road and thats pay and display (not sure if its all night or if theres a cut off). The only other place is Warrior square cause its free after 6pm but a little walk down. (Am sure if you pick Gill or Louise up they can show you)

bluewaterbabeiam
Graduate
Graduate

#118 Unread post by bluewaterbabeiam » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks Michelle! :-)

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#119 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Michelle - I did wonder if the lego building was expensive. As I say - I am usually lucky on the road. Sooooo can't wait! Really need to feel like an adult and a girl again!

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#120 Unread post by Gillybean » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Jo I am happy to wait for you. I'll pm you my mobile number in case I didn't send it to you so when you are near you can let me know. What car have you got so I can look out for you

Return to “Meeting up - General”