babychic

Name Regret

weezypops
Site Guru

Name Regret

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:12 pm

I wouldn't normally post links to the Mail but thought this was interesting:

Post natal remorse: Half of British parents have second thoughts after naming their child

Do you regret anything about your kids names or know anyone who does?

I have to admit when I hear some of the trendier names out there I do have to wonder if the parents suddenly come to their senses years later. Or how often a parent doesn't realise a name is super-popular then regrets it when they hear so many other kids with the same names.

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: Name Regret

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 pm

I don't regret my kids names. Joshua was Joshua from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Alexa was either Ashleigh or Leah. But I don't regret our choice. It suits her. Lol

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Gina73 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:23 am

We dont regret the names we gave our two, I am one for not naming the child til you see it. Mia was our favourite name and it suits her. Mason was decided upon but because we didnt know the sex of the baby we never discussed names, it was only a name I mentioned a week before he arrived and we both liked it, and when we saw him decided it suited him.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#4 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm

I don't regret my kids names I had Abigail and Dillon's picked out before we knew the sex of Abigail so nearly 3 years before Dillon came along. I love Tabitha people always comment on it cause it's not a name you hear every day and again we had that name decided months before she was born.

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

#5 Unread post by Clairebear » Tue May 01, 2012 2:39 pm

My only regret is due to other people. It drives me absolutely potty when people keep calling Ashleigh 'Ash'!!! I gave my daughter that name because I liked that name, not so someone could ruin it by abbreviating it!! I have never regretted a thing about Sophie's name, it suite her down to the ground and I still really like it.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#6 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue May 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Ahhh love my boys names.
We have had all the jokes but people are over that now, having a Jack and Ace :lol:
Jack we loved from the moment we knew I was pregnant. It was my grandads name too and Doms great grandads name. Yes its very popular but we didnt see it as that and are happy we have our Jack the mac. It def suits him.
Ace is certainly different and we didnt go with the assumed names to go with Jack like Harry of Charlie etc.
Dom chose the name and I grew with it. Now we have him it makes it even better. He certainly is Ace :D x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by rachel jane » Tue May 08, 2012 10:34 am

I love my kids names and don't regret them. I thought long and hard about the names as i wanted their names to suit them all through life. I also get compliments on the kids names which i like.
I could of had a Ralph, Polly and Winnie as that was what i was going to call them if they were the other sex.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Tue May 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Not linked but related - on my mums side - they had a man called wally and he married a winnie and they also had a lady called winnie and shae married a wally! I think it is funny so thought i woud share LOL!

Sometimes - James doesn't roll of my tongue how I would like it to - but I like the name and don't regret it.

Return to “Baby Name Ideas and Discussion”