babychic

Early Menopause

For sharing information about local health services, including doctors, hospitals, health visitors and alternative therapy.
libralady
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

Early Menopause

#1 Unread post by libralady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Just a quick question, does anyone know anything about the menopause, I am not sure whether I am at the start of mine. I am 39 in October so am I really that young, I don't know?? :roll:

Anyway, my periods seem to be getting closer together, I have always been 28 days on the dot, never a day late or early unless of course I was pregnant, my cycles seem to be about 21/22 days if I am lucky, they seem to be shorter too, I used to bleed for almost 7 days, now it is heavy for maybe 3 days and then very light for about 2 days and thats it. I am not complaining about that part.

My mood swings are awlful too, I am not sure sometimes how Ian and my kids live with me, but I suppose they all must love me to put up with it :D , one day I am up and the next I am down. Most days I feel like I could have a good cry, although I don't the feelings are there. I don't think it has helped that I haven't been well for nearly a month with one thing or another. My immune system seems to be kaput I cannot shrug things off or get over things as easy as I used to. I am so lathargic too (being overweight is not helping that one).

Do you think it sounds like the menopause or maybe I am just run-down/depressed, I really don't know :roll: I don't sleep well either and I haven't for about 5 years, but the problem seems to be getting worse, I am lucky if I get 3 good hours a night.

I have recently had a blood test for various other things and it showed absolutely nothing up, so there is nothing else going on.

What do you all think?? Sorry for going on, I haven't really got anyone to talk to, Ian doesn't really understand the workings of a woman and bless my mum she has got so much going on with my dad I don't want to burden her with my complaints as well.

Any advice would be gratefully received. :D
Dianne - Mum to Daniel, Louise and Christian, wife to Ian.

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

Re: Early Menopause

#2 Unread post by lea-marie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Hope this helps a little hun : http://www.familyhealthguide.co.uk/menopause.html

And of course, speak to a doctor or someone like, as they will be able to better advise you as to what it could be and how to approach/deal with it best :)
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

libralady
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#3 Unread post by libralady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks for that Lea, have had a read and a lot does seem to apply to me, I think I have just got to keep an eye on it all for further changes.

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#4 Unread post by nubs » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Dianne - my mum had a hysterectomy in her 30's but had her ovaries left so has the symptoms of the menopause (she is coming up 54 don't let her know I told you lol)- you can ask to have your hormone levels checked as there are things they look for. My mum has hormone replacement - the alien as we call it might be worth talking to the doctor
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

#5 Unread post by sheeina » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 pm

not got a clue really about menopause but a system of heavy or close periods can be cysts on ovaries.
might be another poss.
hope you feel better soon.
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Jeanette
The Nanny

#6 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 pm

I started the menapause fairly early, late 30's early 40's. When or has your Mum been through the menapause, because they do say it is an heriditary thing.The symptoms you descrbe do sound familiar but you do really need to get yourself checked by the GP. It could be due to you being ill for so long but it's worth checking because you may need HRT to prevent osteoporosis.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#7 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:54 am

Ahh Diane, not really any advice huns but just wana say hope your ok girly and hope the docs look into things for you hun. xx
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Schmushe
Blissful

#8 Unread post by Schmushe » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 am

No advice Di really but didnt want to read and run.
They say it normally follows a pattern, so ask your mum how old she was and if she knows how old her mum was when they went through it.
Might be worth asking the GP (if they havent tested already) to see what your homone levels are, they can tell alot from those results.
As you said, it might be because you've not been well, it seems like its really hit you for a long time, and you havent been right since way before xmas so its possible it all could be related / or your just changing your cycles??

Might be worth another trip up the GP hunni xxx

libralady
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#9 Unread post by libralady » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 am

Hi, thanks for the replies, my mum went through he menopause in her mid 40's, she is here today so I will ask her what sort of symptons she had etc. I have got my gynae appt through for my cyst I wonder if it will be worth speaking to him about it.

Thanks again for the replies ladies.

Return to “Medical”