babychic

Homeopathy

For sharing information about local health services, including doctors, hospitals, health visitors and alternative therapy.
artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Homeopathy

#1 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Has anyone else taken their child to a homeopath? I was reading a leaflet on it yesterday and think it could really help Tom with his tummy and subsequant grouchyness. I'd love to hear other mums experiences before sheling out lots of cash.

birthfriendly
Newborn
Newborn

#2 Unread post by birthfriendly » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:14 am

This will be a slightly biased reply as I am a homeopath :wink: but yes I think it's amazing, obviously :lol: I trained initially after some amazing treatment successes with me and my family, it has cured my childred on many problems including glue ear, molluscum, teething troubles, recurrent colds and lots more. I mainly work with babies and children and find that they are normally the easiest to treat and have the most succesful results.

Most homeopaths offer discounts for children too so it needn't be that expensive.

What specific problems were you thinking of? I might be able to help you online.
Mum to four aged 1 to 5, HypnoBirthing teacher, doula and homeopath in North Essex.
http://www.birthfriendly.co.uk

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by artyfartymack » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:42 pm

We actually went to see our Homeopath last week and I've already noticed a dramatic difference in Tom. He suffers with terrible mood swings due to frustration which then cause him to be very sicky and suffer from terrible constipation.

Schmushe
Blissful

#4 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:26 pm

We do homeopathic teething granules from Holland and Barratt and I notice a almost immediate effect in Alexa (and even josh when he was younger too).

My friend takes her son who also has CLD (same as Josh) to a homeopath and she swears by him, and says although she is paying money its certainly worth it.

Schmushe
Blissful

#5 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Claire - Just wondered how much you pay to take Thomas? and how often you need to go? Am looking into it for my 2 but obviously cost atm is a big factor.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:50 pm

£45 for the first consultation and £32 for every one after, but that includes all your remedies and she will probably do you a two for one if you took them together or certainly a discount. At first it's once a month or every six weeks until you find the right remedies and with time you can just go once or twice a year as you will learn to self prescribe.

Return to “Medical”