babychic

EAT Study

For sharing information about local health services, including doctors, hospitals, health visitors and alternative therapy.
Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

EAT Study

#1 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:57 am

Got sent details of this through the post. Not something I can take part in but thought I would see if anyone on here would be interested :

http://www.eatstudy.co.uk

The EAT (Enquiring About Tolerance) Study aims to to find out how to best prevent food allergy in young children.

Our 1000th EAT participant!
It aims to find out whether introducing certain foods early in a child’s diet along with continued breastfeeding could stop infants developing food allergy.

To do this, we need your help. So far we have recruited over 1100 participants but we need 200 more to sign up in the next two months.

Please help us to achieve this.

Five reasons to take part in the EAT Study!

We hope that we may prevent children who take part in the study from developing food allergies and possibly other allergic diseases, such as asthma, eczema and hay fever.
It is interesting! This website is full of information about the science behind why we are undertaking the study and what is involved if you choose to take part.
You get three trips to our state of the art allergy unit in the heart of London in St Thomas’ Hospital.
During these trips we undertake a thorough review of your child’s health and development.
The study team includes two paediatricians, a consultant dermatologist, dietitians, nurses and study administrators dedicated to looking after your child!
If after looking at the website you are willing to consider taking part, please contact the EAT Study Recruitment Team on:

Tel: 0800 358 0021

Email: eatstudyrecruitment@gstt.nhs.uk
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

Re: EAT Study

#2 Unread post by lauraannek » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

i got this too - would have loved to take part especially with james having a peanut allergy but we cant either
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Medical”