babychic

on going medical problems

For sharing information about local health services, including doctors, hospitals, health visitors and alternative therapy.
natalie1982
Toddler
Toddler

#16 Unread post by natalie1982 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:27 am

wow sounds scarey i remember a little girl coming into hospiatl when was there who ate egg and was so swollen and red. god how worrying though does he have a epi pen with him at all times just incase?

yeh weve been told matthew will "outgrow" the apnoeas but not seen any evidence of it hes started to ask alot of questions about his alarm etc and its quite hard to explain as he understands so much, we just say to him, you have a problem breathing and u need this to let us know ur ok he does ask will be die without it :(
Holly (7), Matthew (5), Samuel (2)

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#17 Unread post by artyfartymack » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:29 am

I cant remember his name, but they have always been lovely to him and are very quick at getting things done.

natalie1982
Toddler
Toddler

#18 Unread post by natalie1982 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:33 am

oh u must have a good one, we had a horrendous time with them. i think there is 1 or 2 good paeds there but again the issues was the paed and the ward they just didnt understand his issues

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#19 Unread post by artyfartymack » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Dr Saravanan! Had to check my diary LOL

natalie1982
Toddler
Toddler

#20 Unread post by natalie1982 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:41 pm

oh u lucky thing he is a brillant paed wish we had him. my nephew and also my friends little boy is under him and hes brillant.

we seen him a few times on ward round and also found him very good

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#21 Unread post by artyfartymack » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:39 pm

He was the neonatal guy when Tom was in NICU and dismissed us and Toms seen him ever since. He's lovely

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#22 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:10 pm

natalie1982 wrote:wow didnt think there would be any replys sorry you guys and ur little ones r suffering to :( hugs xxx

artfarty- what hospital is ur little one under?

great ormond street is a fantasic hospital cannot fault them at all (although having a mare at the mo as they have missed matthew off there list for the last 8 months, not happy!)

michelle didnt realise u coped with so much to hun xx

mitchellmonkey i read about ur little man and saw the pics, is he still in plaster and have the bar
holly was under royal london but got her care changed to great ormond street

holly also has ezcema and quite bad constipation since birth but her blood issue is our main worry.

hugs to u all xx
He only has the boots and bar now, which is mostly at night time. We could've gone to GOS but they were not the best hospital for talipes, the operation they do is worse with a big scar, mitchs operation was more simple and he only has a small scar. GOS are the best hospital for children normally though, i agree :D

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

weezypops
Site Guru

#23 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Wow, I didn't realise you were all going through so much (and your kids of course). It must be so hard at times.

natalie1982
Toddler
Toddler

#24 Unread post by natalie1982 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:42 pm

yeh i remember him from NNU to mattthew was in for 10 days.
i found st johns nnu totally wonderful cannot fault them at all.

samuel ended up admitted to NNU at 6 days old and the same nurse who looked after matthew 4 years ago was looking after samuel. was very strange.

glad hes operation was ok and hes only left with a small scar

Jeanette
The Nanny

#25 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:16 pm

schmushe wrote:
Alexa has had scepticepia (sp?) so is always being checked for this
What is scepticepia? I copied your spelling. :)
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#26 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Jeanette wrote: I had a period of a few years, back and too to hospitals including Great Ormond Street, with Louise. Your life justs seems to revolve around illness.
Louises hospital stays started at 15 months of age when she had meningitis.

Around the age of 7 she was in and out of Basildon Hospital and we had a stay in Great Ormond Street, after she was diagnosed with having temporal lobe epilepsy. Restricted diets, no real food for 3 weeks. Turned out to be a complicated sort of migraine.

Around the age of 14, back and to Basildon hospital, The Royal Orthopeadic in London and a stay in Stanmore Hospital, Middlesex for joint problems.

My son had a couple of minor ops. Swallowed a magnet at around 3. Tonsils out when he was 5 and "a little boys operation" shortly after. Plus visits to Basildon hospitals physio dept and an MRI scan in Harlow for back problems.

Add a few broken bones and the odd mishap, I think that's all :lol:

Schmushe
Blissful

#27 Unread post by Schmushe » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:08 pm

schmushe wrote:

What is scepticepia? I copied your spelling.
Sorry I meant septacemia (joys of having a 1 yr old sat on your lap when you type) - infection of the blood, believe its a form of menengitis?? I know she had to have several lumbar punctures, and lots of antibiotics!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#28 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:19 pm

schmushe wrote:
schmushe wrote:

What is scepticepia? I copied your spelling.
Sorry I meant septacemia (joys of having a 1 yr old sat on your lap when you type) - infection of the blood, believe its a form of menengitis?? I know she had to have several lumbar punctures, and lots of antibiotics!
Oh right. Yeah Louise had that with her meningitis.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#29 Unread post by artyfartymack » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:51 pm

natalie1982 wrote:yeh i remember him from NNU to mattthew was in for 10 days.
i found st johns nnu totally wonderful cannot fault them at all.

samuel ended up admitted to NNU at 6 days old and the same nurse who looked after matthew 4 years ago was looking after samuel. was very strange.

glad hes operation was ok and hes only left with a small scar
They are the most wonderful and caring people I have ever met. They know just how to look after your babies enough to make you still feel your doing all the hard work yourself and know how to look after you and your horrible just had a baby all over the place emotions too LOL!!!

kat
Teen
Teen

#30 Unread post by kat » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 am

Ellie was born at 33 weeks so was expecting bad times, but all worked out in the end. has had awful excema since birth but the flare ups are fewer and further between since i started using oats and yoghurt as a treatment and not all that steroid rubbish they kept giving me (though resort to if get a bad flare up that looks like it will get infected). She is also allergic to eggs, strawberry and citrus fruits. The egg allergy was horrendous, but I tried her again at the age of 6 and it only caused an excema flare up rather than a face and body swell... She had asthma too but grew out of that. She is 4'5 and only 7, but started as a 4lb'er!
Aimee had a slighlty clubbed foot when she was born, (i am trying to find the photo actually, wouldnt mind comparing to what its like now) but fortunately not so bad it needed any treatment other than lots of massages during the day. it looks quite straight now imo.
I dont think i could cope with anymore than that, i take my hat off to you girls. it must be so hard to manage the daily stuff, without the added extras. i wish you and your babies luck xxx
p.s. my sister-in-law works as GOSH, she'll be pleased to hear you all speaking so highly of it :) i will let her know :)

love to you and your babies :) xxx
Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most.....

Return to “Medical”