babychic

Heycroft

Wondering about schools in your area? Have a gripe or recommendation? Share it here.
lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

Heycroft

#1 Unread post by lauraannek » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 am

Does anybody know if Heycroft Primary has a nursery attatched to it?

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#2 Unread post by nubs » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:10 am

it does sort of - its called Whitehouse Playgroup doesn't gaurantee a place in the school. We went and looked around it for Jack to start in September TBH I wasn't impressed by it as it was a portacabin just outside the school gates and it looked really cramp in there. When we arrived there was 4 adults sitting round a table and 1 adult seeing to about 25 children and they were just left to their own devices - you may see it different if you look round. We have decided to put Jack into Eastwood Primary School Nursery as we were very very impressed by them - there were 2 adults to 8 children, we were taken round the whole school and arrived unexpected so no planning or covering up was made to make it seem better, the nursery looked lovely - lots of things for them to do and very structured lessons - we arrived as the children were practising their song for the assembly for their numbers week - they were so sweet, they have their own play area and entrance too
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#3 Unread post by lauraannek » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 am

I thought it may be I wasnt sure if it was the Whitehouse or not.
Hmmmno that wouldnt impress me id rather have William in a nursery attacthed to a school too.
Do you mind me being nosey and asking where you live?
Its jut that Eastwood and Heycroft are out of our catchment at the moment but we are moving that way to Blatches Chase soon where the mini roundabout is up from Estwood School. I think William and Jack must be the same age William is 3 in July.

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#4 Unread post by lauraannek » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:57 am

and do you have the phone number for them please as the one I have doesnnt work lol

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#5 Unread post by nubs » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Yes Jack is 3 in August - so will be one of the youngest. Whitehouse Playgroup 01702 511863 you need to phone before 12 as they only do mornings and Eastwood Primary School 01702 525137 and they do morning and afternoon sessions. I live in Rochford near the Anne Boleyn, but Jack is childminded by my mum who lives just of the rayleigh road at Eastwood Park Drive - I explained this to the Headmaster at Eastwood and he said that Jacks year is a particulary low birth year so he couldn't see it being a problem with him continuing to go to the school after the nursery and once we have him in the next one should automatically go there too. I have heard people really slate Eastwood and say that they prefer Heycroft but it seems that that is to do with snobbery - If you move soon to Blatches Close - eastwood school have a surestart centre attached to it and they have a mum and tots on a tuesday and thursday 10-12 and Jack loves it - my mum also sings its praises - I will be going there with them after the 6th march when I am on maternity leave
Kris, Jack & Sam
[/url]

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#6 Unread post by lauraannek » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Thanks. I have just rung eastwood as I definately want William to go to a nursery attatched to a school as they begin to teach them phonics and reading at nurseries attatched to schools. The lady said us being out of catchment wasn't a problem maybe thats why a low birth year?
Maybe Jack and Will will be friends lol.
My mum lives just up Bridgwater Drive so shes not far from the school so can always go and see her while hes at nursery lol.

Im really excited may go and see if I can look round Wednesday.

You'll have to let me know when you start going to the centre I may come along with you if thats ok, I hate going to these places alone?
I have heard about the snobbery factor associated with Heycroft too.
Some schools dont do automatic entry for siblings anymore I know Chalkwell dont lol but they do take it into account that you have another child at the school so should imagine they'd get in which is good because before I know it emily will be at nursery too.

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#7 Unread post by nubs » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 pm

wouldn't that be nice if they go through school together - I am hoping that Jack gets a morning session, he will be starting with my friends little girl but she is a september baby so nearly a whole year older then our little ones. I hope you are as impressed by the school as I was

I should be going on the 10th of march to the surestart centre but I will mail you nearer the time
Kris, Jack & Sam
[/url]

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#8 Unread post by lauraannek » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:42 pm

I was hoping for morning sessions too in the hope he may come home for a nap in the afternoon and to get me used to getting up early ready for when he starts school lol. x

manicwelshrabbit
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by manicwelshrabbit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:41 pm

My DD went to whitehouse & it was fine.

My son started. It was awful so I took him out & he went to the one in Eeastwood community centre. They have also since opened another one at the football ground on eastwoodbury lane.

My kids go to Heycroft.

Both nurserys "feed" into heycroft.

Lisa

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#10 Unread post by nubs » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:44 pm

thanks MWR - thats good to know as we r out of area but i want Jack to go to school in Eastwood as he is with my mum when I work and I only work up the road and my hubbie next door to eastwood school x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[/url]

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#11 Unread post by lea-marie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:56 am

I went to Whitehouse Playgroup! :D

Obviously a lot may have changed since I was 3/4, but I absolutely loved it there!
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

Hasna
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Heycroft

#12 Unread post by Hasna » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi all,
My daughter is in Heycroft and we were out of catchment but she got in and it is a brilliant school. She went to Lollipops nursery which is on Eatwood road more towards Rayleigh and loved it. I went to see whitehouse for my son but was not impressed at all so I kept him at Lollipops as well.

Return to “Schools”