babychic

Uniform and skin conditions

Wondering about schools in your area? Have a gripe or recommendation? Share it here.
weezypops
Site Guru

Uniform and skin conditions

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:53 pm

A member of the Essex Mums facebook page sent me this question - can anyone help?
My question is to find out if local schools cater for childhood skin conditions when they produce their uniform. Do parents have the choice of material to choose from?

Childhood eczema affects 1 in 5 children in the UK, and 100% cotton clothing can lessen irritation caused by synthetic materials.
Is 100% Cotton available or even offered?

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: Uniform and skin conditions

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Our school is accomadating and will allow variations on uniform when flare ups occur and will help with cream application etc. AJ Is allowed to sit on a cushion as the carpets affect her skin.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:14 pm

our pe kit t shirt is all cotton. The shorts are not tho but tbh any maroon or black shorts can be worn.

School trousers and white top can be bought from anywhere so i am sure you can get alll cotton. The jumper comes in different materials too. Not sure what they are made of tho but they dont need to touch the skin as there are also sweater vests available. or if you are wearing long sleeves underneath. Hth. Ps on phone so hope it makes sense

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#4 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Yes Thankfully we can wear what ever type we need. For e.g Jack suffers with eczema so we get him the 100% cotton V neck red jumpers for school and of course his shirt etc. He wears black chinos so they help too. He does look rather smart so that's the important thing.

When he started in reception he wore his logo jumper etc which wasn't a good material for him which we soon found out so now he wears the cotton ones no problem x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Return to “Schools”