babychic

School Uniform

Wondering about schools in your area? Have a gripe or recommendation? Share it here.
weezypops
Site Guru

School Uniform

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:28 pm

How many of each item of uniform did you buy for your kids? What do you think is the best place to get the non-logo stuff?

Cheers!

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: School Uniform

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Josh has:-
3 pairs of grey tousers
5 logo'd tops
3 logo'd jumpers
3 pairs of grey shorts (that have lasted him for 2 years!!
1 set of pe bits
1 school coat

Our school tends to say that all children should have at least 1 fully logo'd uniform, to help them feel part of the community of the school.

For non logo stuff, you can go to places like Tesco, Asda, BHS, Debenhams or Sainsburys. Asda is probably the cheapest out of all of them.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 am

william has 4 pairs of trousers for school. he falls over a lot! i got a twin pack from asda(£4) and a twin pack from marks(£5.40). both got adjustable waists!

he currently has 2 pairs of school shorts which were also marks. they should fit next year?

then the rest is logo stuff.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#4 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

Hey ya.

Jacks got 2 logo logo polo shirts and 2 logo jumpers which have lasted him since he started :O I just mix in the plain ones in between if he needs them if they havent been washed in time etc.
Trousers, he has atleast 2 or 3 on the go, and 2 vpairs of shorts.

I find BHS and M&S better quality for the non logo stuff hun.
Ive tried George etc as of course the price is very attractive :lol: However they dont last long at all.
Jack is a typical boy too as we no.

Bless Lou you getting excited about it all now? Its such a big step for them but the best thing ever.

I got Jacks school report yesterday and believe me what they have learnt in this year they have been there has gobsmacked me.
Im so proud of him :D Lil man is well above the expected grades of 6's, the max is 9, he got 9's and a few 8's I wanted to cry. It was amazing. x
Last edited by XxJack~AcexX on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Schmushe
Blissful

#5 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

As long as you make sure the trousers are made out of Teflon, they are pretty long lasting. Josh is a typical boy and we have only ever had i pair of trousers have a hole in (depsite the football, bike riding and the skateboarding etc...) (and they were from a actual school shop!!!).

Asda used to offer the money back guarentee on school stuff (think it was within 100 days if you werent happy or the quality wasnt good) - not sure if they still do though

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 am

I tend to buy Mias school wear from either Matalan, Tescos, Asdas or Sainsburys. Mias uniform is not logod so easy to get hold of. I would not buy loads to start with and see how you go.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Return to “Schools”