babychic

Infant School Admissions

Wondering about schools in your area? Have a gripe or recommendation? Share it here.
weezypops
Site Guru

Infant School Admissions

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:52 am

Did you find out where your little one is going in September this morning? Are you happy about it or did you not get your first choice?

Felix is going to Chalkwell Hall which we're really pleased about as it looks like a nice school, we like the location, just suits us really!

Still can't quite believe it though - I'm really excited about him going but it still seems unreal.

twinklepaws
Student
Student

Re: Infant School Admissions

#2 Unread post by twinklepaws » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:55 am

Yep we got our 1st choice, really pleased :D It would have been a nightmare trying to get kids to 2 different schools if he didn't get in. x
Mummy to Callum Josh Ben Ollie Alfie & Mia

Terrible_Two
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by Terrible_Two » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 am

I didn't get any of my first three options... and instead got offered one of the few places I really really did not want her to go :( :(

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 am

Oh no, sorry to hear that - were you expecting that to happen? Are you going to appeal?

Terrible_Two
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by Terrible_Two » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:24 am

I'm not sure HOW I appeal, I mean the main reason is that I just really dislike the school; is that reason valid/enough to appeal?

weezypops
Site Guru

#6 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 am

Hmm, I don't know but I know Gemma on here didn't like the school that got allocated to her son last year. I don't think they got one of her choices in the end but did get a school she's happier with. Maybe she can shed some light on the subject!

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#7 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 am

We got our first choice for Millie, it was the only school we put down as i didnt really see any other options. However, one of her best friends hasnt got in, which is terrible, and a few of my friends who applied to other schools in the area didnt get in. Someone mentioned trying to get a private school place, but it seems as if it may be too late even for that.

We moved here about 18 mths ago to be nearer my mum, but when finding a house school catchment was a big consideration as we really wanted Millie to go to this particular school, as I feel its the best setting for her. We all pay the same taxes so it shouldnt matter, but too often it does. xx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:48 am

oh dear! hope you do appeal and are successful!

we got our first choice - thought we would tho as we live pretty close to it! Aaaaww! So grown up!

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#9 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

Terrible_Two wrote:I'm not sure HOW I appeal, I mean the main reason is that I just really dislike the school; is that reason valid/enough to appeal?
Think the appeal bits will be in your pack that should arrive tomorrowish. It must be worth appealing, places always get declined for whatever reason so worth a go. Are there any health grounds you could state in the appeal, eg my daughter has asthma which is never under control in winter, so I said on the application form that she needed to go to the nearest school cos of walking in cold weather which will bring on an attack. Or transport, eg if you dont drive it mite be impossible/unreasonable to go to a school further away? Sending positive thoughts, hope it works out. xx

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#10 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

Terrible_Two wrote:I'm not sure HOW I appeal, I mean the main reason is that I just really dislike the school; is that reason valid/enough to appeal?
Think the appeal bits will be in your pack that should arrive tomorrowish. It must be worth appealing, places always get declined for whatever reason so worth a go. Are there any health grounds you could state in the appeal, eg my daughter has asthma which is never under control in winter, so I said on the application form that she needed to go to the nearest school cos of walking in cold weather which will bring on an attack. Or transport, eg if you dont drive it mite be impossible/unreasonable to go to a school further away? Sending positive thoughts, hope it works out. xx

Schmushe
Blissful

#11 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:47 am

We got our first choice!

teenyweens
Settler
Settler

#12 Unread post by teenyweens » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:55 am

Megan has missed it (11/09/2007) so I've got another year to go.

Hope you can appeal and get the school you want. x

mummyhuggins
Graduate
Graduate

#13 Unread post by mummyhuggins » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:54 pm

We got our first choice, I still can't believe My baby is starting big school,it only feels like yesterday that Paige started school.x x x
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

parvy123
Newborn
Newborn

#14 Unread post by parvy123 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

We got our third choice which I sort of expected as choice 1 & 2 are always oversubscribed and far away from us. We got the local school which is definitely "improving" and I really liked it - had a nice feel.
It's so difficult - had a sleepless night and then burst into tears at 6am today but on reflection I'm not unhappy.

We all want the absolute best for our little ones :-)

weezypops
Site Guru

#15 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Improving is at least a move in the right direction!

Return to “Schools”