babychic

Infant School Admissions

Wondering about schools in your area? Have a gripe or recommendation? Share it here.
XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

Re: Infant School Admissions

#16 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Oh bless ya lovelys. Must have been a tense morning for you, I rem it well :lol:

Terrible_Two, First thing to do hun is call up the council and ask to be put on the waiting list r.e the schools of your choice that you didnt get into.. They will let you no where you are on the list if some people drop out etc.
As someone said hun that r.e the appeals info it will be sent to you with written confirmation of your allocated space.

The council can also tell you while your on the phone the other schools that still have spaces available.
I no how you feel hun, this time last year it happened to us. However I called the council and was surprised that a certain school (out of my area) had places available and quite honestly I much prefer the school to our original choices (hides and runs away). Once we were given our new allocated place we did move too, but thats another issue really.
Im sorry to hear you didnt get any of your choices. I no what I did worked for us but I hope you get yourself sorted.
Let us no how you get on x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Tinkerbel
Newborn
Newborn

#17 Unread post by Tinkerbel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:21 pm

We did not get in and know I don't know what to do. Starting to look into home schooling, which is not ideal, but I an out we ideas.
Karin Stewart
BuzzyBees childminding
07804 692996

Full and part time vacancies available.

weezypops
Site Guru

#18 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Did you get allocated a school Karin? Didn't you get into any of your three choices?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#19 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:44 am

I did an assignment on home schooling whilst at Uni! I almost talked myself into doing it myself! There can be so many advantages to it! But obviously I changed my mind when I really had children!

Good luck Karin!

mummypig
Newborn
Newborn

#20 Unread post by mummypig » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:08 pm

We got our first choice, which was great and unexpected but Essex Admissions nearly made a hash-up after we moved during the application process. I really feel for people who didn't get their choice though, it's such a bureaucratic system now. It should be far more straightforward, you don't realise what a stress it is till you have to do it!!

It may not help, but I know of a mum last year who didn't get the school of her choice, her daughter actually started at the allocated school but she phoned every day to get her daughter in to her preferred school and they miraculously found a place!!! Good luck everybody.

Return to “Schools”