The BBC Earth Experience has been open at the Daikin Centre in Earls Court London since the 30th March 2023. We went along in May 2023 to explore this interactive, immersive indoor experience that takes you on a journey through the natural world across 7 continents and features narration from David Attenborough.
This is a self guided experience which is perfect because you can take you time in the places you enjoy the most which for us was seeing the spectacular volcano eruptions, the underwater footage of whales, sharks and panoramic jungle views.
When you enter the space you’re surrounded by giant screens that show footage of the seven continents, there are various seating areas but we sat on the floor – which we recommend – where we watched the amazing videos of all the animals who live on our planet and listened to the commentary by David Attenborough. After this we moved onto the other rooms which include Water World, landscapes in the Vista Stage and then Micro Life zone which full of creepy crawlies – on screens, not live! Don’t miss the drone footage at the Vista Stage which gives you the experience of “flying” over each continent because those views are really spectacular.
The imagery on the screens looked incredible, the kids love it and it gave us some great photo opportunities! There’s definitely an educational element to this experience for adults and kids alike and a strong message about protecting the bio-diversity of our planet – as you can see J took a lot of notes in his book.
We were there mid-week and there were also school groups visiting but this didn’t affect our experience at all. The space was big enough to accommodate everyone comfortably and we didn’t feel like it was too busy at any point.
The experience is advertised as being around 1hr but there’s no time limit on your stay. We spent just over an hour inside and then some extra time in the gift shop which was full of really fun and interesting pieces. There was no catering inside the experience (and no food or drink allowed inside) but located just outside the building there are stalls where you can buy drinks and snacks.
This is an experience that is perfect for the whole family and we recommend this as part of a day trip to London for nature lovers of all ages. I took my 11 year old but there were also lots of younger children there too as well as adults on their own – my 3 year old would also have been mesmerised by it especially as she loves animals.
Essex Mums has a special discounted ticket offer for the BBC Earth Experience – up to 25% off until the end of July. Full details at the bottom of the page.
How to get there:
Estimated travelling time by Train from Wickford, Essex: 1hr 25mins
West Brompton (District & Overground) 7mins
Earls Court (District & Piccadilly) 10mins
Note: We advise arriving by public transport because there’s no parking onsite.
Best suited to: Adults and children of all ages
Special Ticket Offer: 25% off Adult & Child tickets Monday – Thursday until July!
How to redeem the offer:
Click the link HERE
Select ‘Book Now’ to visit the BBC Earth Experience website.
Choose a desired date and time in accordance with the below Terms & Conditions.
When prompted input offer code: BEEGH6TFD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The offer is 25% off adult and child tickets to the BBC Earth Experience at The Daikin Centre, London.
- Booking from now until 31st July 2023.
- Limited to time-slots between Monday and Thursday.
- Subject to booking fees.
- Prices are dynamic depending on time and date.
- The experience lasts for approximately 1 hour but you are welcome to stay longer and continue to explore.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
- Discounts are valid for new ticket sales only and excludes tickets already purchased.
- To be eligible for the BBC Earth Experience offer with Essex Mums, you must be 18 years or over at the time of purchase.
- This offer is not open to employees of EssexMums and Live Nation or their immediate families, or to anyone promoting the BBC Earth Experience.
- For any queries in relation to the BBC Earth Experience, customers can contact [email protected].
- The British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC Studios Productions Limited and BBC Studios Distribution Limited are not in any way affiliated or involved in this promotion.
- Promoter: EssexMums. Offer Provider: Live Nation.
- Venue: The Daikin Centre London just 10 minutes from Earls Court and surrounded by local food amenities.