babychic

Making the most of time with your baby

weezypops
Site Guru

Making the most of time with your baby

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 pm

One of the Mums from the facebook group asked me to post this - can anyone help?
I am a first time mum with a 7 and a half month old, she's a lovely little girl and at this age she's learning something new every day,I want to make the most of this time for her, both for my memories and her development so my question is what should I do with her all day? We read and play and go for walks, she loves animals and noisy toys, we go to baby signing on a Tuesday and another group on a Thursday and I'm going to take her to a baby music class on Friday, but if anyone has any ideas of games or activities we could do at home I'd be really grateful to hear them thanks in advance

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Making the most of time with your baby

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

I really loved Baby Sensory at this age - I think it was one of the few groups that I really felt Dexter was getting something out of as he would just be astonished at all the amazing things he got to see!

General toddler groups are good as they get older and want to be around other children more.

At home though, I think they just love spending time with their Mummy! Chatting and playing, tickling etc. Sounds like you're doing a great job already!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 am

With my first I pretty much followed the list of games and activities that you get e-mailed from the babycentre website. There wasn't much on there but it did give me somewhere to start. It had simple things like cover a toy with a blanket and make it appear, or William really loved flying - where you lie on your back and place baby on your bent legs in the air. THey sent out 3 or 4 activities each week.

There is also nothing wrong (IMO) with watching a tv programme together (adult or childs) and pointing out the man, the lady, the bus, the rain etc etc (esp nice if you had bad night and want to sit somewhere soft!)

Mine also loved sitting in the washing pile (mostly the sock pile) and pulling out the socks, feeling all the materials

I can't remember whe we did (not so) messy play but I remember them sitting in the highchair cutting and tearing up pastry while I cooked.

Bubbles - mine loved bubbles!

tonydimnick
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by tonydimnick » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Here's what i do I Place a toy or book under a blanket, leaving part of the object showing. Then I ask my baby, "Where is it?" and encourage him to look for it. This is really fun!

Return to “Parenting”