babychic

Weight

For discussion about healthy living, recipe advice and more.
Isabella
Difficult Teenager
Difficult Teenager

Weight

#1 Unread post by Isabella » Wed May 26, 2010 12:03 am

A couple of days ago, I went to the doctors for a follow up appointment for having low iron levels At the appointment I had the normal height/weight/heart rate/blood pressure and so on. During the appointment, my doctor said that because of my height and weight (5foot6/99lbs) now, I would be classed as underweight, and that I need to up my calorie intake to put weight on at a steady rate.

I have always been relatively active. Doing sports, running, swimming and all of that kind of thing, and since having Mekhai that hasn’t changed. I don’t really eat fried foods or candy and I try to eat as healthy as possibly, and while I have never dieted, I think I eat less now then before I had Mekhai. It isn’t a conscious effort. I am not stopping myself from eating, and if I am hungry, I will eat, I just don’t seem to have much of an appetite anymore.

I tried to explain this to my doctor, but it felt like he was writing me off as skipping meals purposely, my mom seems to think that my lack of appetite and low iron and such are all connected and I should get some tests done where as I think it could be stress related, coupled with, I am pretty much always on the go, and I do skip meals if I just don’t feel hungry.

My weight difference between before and after Mekhai is 16lbs. I don’t honestly think it is that noticeable as it has happened over a few months.

I'm just looking for opinions really...opinions from people who are not close to me or trying to force opinions. Do you think it is worth having tests done/getting a second opinion or just weight it out? I don’t want it to get out of control, but I don’t want to cause a fuss, especially as I feel all over the place at the moment.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Weight

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Wed May 26, 2010 8:19 am

Hi Isabella.

Don't really have any answers I'm afraid although according to the NHS website which is always my first port of call for medical stuff (well after asking on here anyway) it does suggest that you are underweight.

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthywe ... lator.aspx

The fact that you are aware of it and that you say that you don't want it to get out of control suggests to me that you should maybe wait it out for a bit and make sure you don't skip too many meals completely.

I am no expert tho and someone else may be able to help.

You have often said you are missing home, I imagine the lifestyle between here and home are completely different.

As I say - I am no expert and I hope someone else can help, I just didn't want to read and run!

Isabella
Difficult Teenager
Difficult Teenager

#3 Unread post by Isabella » Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 pm

The lifestyle between here and home is completely different Just everything about it. I do try not to skip too many meals. Or if I miss a meal, I try to make myself have something as that's not the kind of example I was Mekhai thinking is okay. I don't know, I guess I think if get my head sorted, this will get sorted too.

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#4 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I have only just seen this thread.

I cant really advise about the underweight side of things as i havent been underweight since i was a child. Since having my own children, my weight seems to do the opposite and goes up and up!

I just had a thought though, and if because of not being hungry, busy, stressed etc, do you think eating little and a bit more often would be easier for you rather than sitting down and having a full sized meal? Smaller things like toast, bowl of cereal, sandwich, fruit salad and little meals like chicken wraps, soup... (i cant think of other small stuff off the top of my head right now)

I dont think being a little underweight is a problem as long as you are healthy and your immune system is not affected and that you dont keep losing weight. You just need to find the right balance of food and nutrients to suit your body and appetite.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Isabella
Difficult Teenager
Difficult Teenager

#5 Unread post by Isabella » Fri May 28, 2010 5:11 pm

That actually might not be a bad idea. I think that could work.

My immune system was low - but I was anemic so I don't think it is related and as far as I can tell I am not losing any more.

I think I'll give your little but more often idea a go. I don't have anything to lose at the end of the day

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#6 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Glad to be of use! I found it worked when i was heavily pregnant and couldnt manage big meals so fingers crossed it works for you now too.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sally - herbalife
Newborn
Newborn

#7 Unread post by Sally - herbalife » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi Isabella, I think I may be able to help... I have just lost quite a lot of weight through Herbalife diet and as a consequence become a rep as I was so impressed. Herbalife can also assist people that want to put on weight. I have found them to be so effective - hence becoming a rep myself to be able to have a little job but also be able to help people at the same time ! If you would like me to find some information about this I will. Only joined the company a couple of weeks ago, but I know people have been really happy with the results, and all through proper nutrition! If you would like me to give you a call please email me your number and the best time to call and I will try and help. sally.mathie@hotmail.co.uk

Sally

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Sally - Isabella has actually moved back to USA although I know she still posts, which is good!

Isabella - Are you still concerned about your weight? Hopefully being home now might help?

Isabella
Difficult Teenager
Difficult Teenager

#9 Unread post by Isabella » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Jenn, sorry, I completely forgot about this topic. Well, I haven't lost anymore so I'm not overly concerned. I haven't put any on, but I definitely think I am eating better and being home is definitely helping

Return to “Health Talk”