babychic

Colief

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

Colief

#1 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Just thought i would give a review of these drops to relieve colic.

This is amazing stuff!! After weeks and weeks of Ruby being the most miserable and clingy baby about, we mentioned it to the pharmasist in Boots. I never even thought of it being colic. I thought just a bit of wind as shes always passing wind, and also because she was feeding so much. We was told that babies dont know the difference between hunger pains, and bellyache, so just think it is hunger and want to feed more often, and then causing a vicious circle of feeding, more pain, feed, even more pain. (I didnt go through any of this with Brandon. He was a pretty straight foward baby so it was all new to me)
They told us about Colief which is a bit like the traditional Gripe water but better. It was quite expensive at £12 for a tiny bottle (7ml) but you only put 4 drops into each feed. If you are breastfeeding, you have to extract a small amount of 1-2tbsp to put the drops into and give to the baby, then carry on feeding as normal.
We was told that if it works, we can actually see our GP and request it on prescription which is good.
They say to use it for every feed, but i only used it on her day time feeds, and not every feed. It depends how long she goes between feeds.

Within just a couple of days, Ruby became a happier baby during the day. She still feeds quite often, but can now be put down without her crying and i can actually get the washing up done before she starts whinging. She also sleeps for longer during the day as well. Now for the best bit.... She has slept through for 4 nights in a row since starting it!! She is like a different baby.
ImageImage
ImageImage

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#2 Unread post by artyfartymack » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Glad you got it fixed hun. We got Coleif on prescription but did have to fight for it.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Oh that must be a relief for you Claire. Louise had colic, so you have my total sympathy.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “Reviews”