Yes
No votes

Total votes: 14

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

Re: Name regrets?

#16 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 pm

I dont regret my twos names, but i do sometimes wonder "what if" with Ruby. We discussed names when i was pregnant, but didnt stick to anything until she was born to see what she looked like. All through the pregnancy we had said Ruby May, because we like it, and Ruby also happened to be my nans sisters name, and May is after my nanny Maisie. But when Ruby was born, we suddenly thought she looked like a Freya. We couldnt decide between the two so went for the one we liked the longest, plus when Brandon came down from bed in the morning, he looked at her and said "booby" which was how he said Ruby at the time.
Im glad we went for Ruby now as i dont think she looks like a Freya anymore.

I dont like the fact both Brandon and Ruby are common (we cant help what names we like can we?), BUT, they have a very uncommon surname (Yallop) which evens it out a bit.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nicola1984
Middle-ager
Middle-ager

Re: Name regrets?

#17 Unread post by Nicola1984 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm Happy With Both My Girls Names. Shannon's Had Been Decided A Few Weeks Before She Was Born But Caitlyn's Was Decided When She Was Around 12 Hours Old, She Had Been A Faye Before That!

Luckily For Me Shannon Is The Only Shannon In Her School. Caitlyn Is More Common But Most People Spell It As Caitlin So At Least She'll Be A Bit Different!!

Essex Mums Book Challenge 2012: 299/20,000 Pages
Currently Reading:

Return to “Baby Name Ideas and Discussion”