babychic

New in Leigh

Includes Chalkwell, Westcliff, Prittlewell, Shoeburyness, Leigh-on-Sea, Eastwood, Southchurch
Emmainleigh
Newborn
Newborn

New in Leigh

#1 Unread post by Emmainleigh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 am

Hi mums and dads,

I've recently moved to Leigh from Clapham in London and loving it so far. Have been to a few nice mum and baby groups but would be nice to meet some other local families on here. I am 37 and live with my husband and baby boy who is nine months.

Thanks
Emma

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

Re: New in Leigh

#2 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi Emma,

Welcome to Essex Mums!!

I'm Tracy and live in Southend with my hubbie John and 3 kids Tilly 14, Tiannah soon to be 5 and Freddie 3. We moved from Surrey just over 2 years ago and love it too. There is so much for the kids here. We have made some lovely friends on here and have meet ups too. Although a lot of them are in the warmer months!!! We do meet for lunch, when we can all manage the same day that is!
If you join in the daily threads you will get to know a lot of us and let off a bit of steam too, Lol!!

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Welcome to the site! I'm Louise, I'm in Westcliff so not far from you at all! Leigh is lovely, how are you finding it?

I am married to Kester and we have three kids - Felix who is 6, Iris who is 4 and Dexter who is nearly 10 months.

Emmainleigh
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by Emmainleigh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Louise,

I love it so far thanks. Have been enjoying exploring, there seems to be quite a bit for kids and love the shops on the Broadway! Have been to the Blenheim children's centre for a stay and play which was really nice and friendly and have joined the Hartbeeps singing group which we love and we start mum and baby swimming lessons at Belfairs on Thursday. We tried out the Kids Kingdom on the weekend too, which Tyler loved. It's nice that Leigh isn't too far from London too so we can still see our friends there quite regularly

Thanks, I'll take a look at the boards and see if I can contribute anything meaningful :-)

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:38 pm

We go to Jo Jingles on Leigh Road on a friday morning which is a lot of fun and baby sensory in Chalkwell on a wednesday which is an amazing class!

Emmainleigh
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by Emmainleigh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:04 pm

OOps sorry Tracy, called you the wrong name earlier- I blame lack of sleep :-)

Hi Louise (sorry for confusion as only just saw your post and meant to reply to Tracy before)- will have to look into Jo Jingles- had a quick look on the website, do you go to the 11.30 group for babies then? I might try a trial class. I'm not currently driving (had a big break when living in london and building up courage to try again) so not sure if I'll get to Chalkwell unless I can bus it. Thanks for replying and all the info x

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah, we do the 11.30 one. Whereabouts in Leigh are you? Chalkwell is very close - the church hall Baby Sensory is at is only about 10 minutes walk from the ones where Jo Jingles is!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#8 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi Emma. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Emmainleigh
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by Emmainleigh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm on Elmsleigh drive- road near the Waitrose,

Ah thanks, I'm still not sure where everything is yet, thought Chalkwell was further away.

Do you have a link to the baby sensory in Chalkwell Louise? I googled but couldn't find.

Thanks!

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:59 pm

It would be a fair walk - half an hour or so, but there are also loads of buses that run along the London Road too - it's pretty easy to get around this area without a car actually - I only learnt to drive the year before last, though I'm glad I did now I have three kids!

The classes are all listed here: http://www.essexmums.org/forum/viewtopi ... ry#p148518 - it's actually down as Westcliff as it's sort of Westcliff/Chalkwell borders - at St Saviour's Church.

Emmainleigh
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by Emmainleigh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Brilliant, thanks so much. Those classes are on the same day as Tyler's Hartbeeps class sadly. Shame as they look really good- could go to the afternoon one as his other class is in the morning but that might be overkill - I tend to just do one per day. Might give Jo Jingles a go though. Let me know if you fancy meeting for a coffee or something and thanks for your help. Otherwise might see you at Jo Jingles at some point :-)

weezypops
Site Guru

#12 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Definitely up for something!

Return to “Southend”