babychic

Mum from Westcliff

Includes Chalkwell, Westcliff, Prittlewell, Shoeburyness, Leigh-on-Sea, Eastwood, Southchurch
amygrant
Newborn
Newborn

Mum from Westcliff

#1 Unread post by amygrant » Wed May 22, 2013 10:08 am

Hi all,

I'm Amy, I'm 22 years old and live in Westcliff. I have two daughters, Autumn Rose, 2 yrs 4 mo and Lilly-Alyssa, 17mo. We've just been told that Autumn is on the Autistic Spectrum so I guess I'm here looking for any recommendations on local toddler groups or support groups that could maybe help us out a little.

Would also be nice to speak with other local mummies and perhaps get together when the weather is a bit better and do something with the kids - would be nice to get out as we don't get out very often.

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Mum from Westcliff

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed May 22, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum! I'm Louise, I'm 34 and also live in Westcliff. I have three kids, Felix who is 5, Iris who is 4 and Dexter who is nearly 10 weeks.

As far as toddler groups etc. go, there are a few mentioned in this section: http://www.essexmums.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=37 and I know some of the Children's Centres run groups too - Summercourt runs a group called Little Heroes which is once a month on a friday morning and is for children with ASD: http://www.essexmums.org/forum/viewtopi ... ummercourt

If you fancy a chat, come and say hello in the daily thread - we do a lot of talking in there so it's a nice way of getting to know people.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Wed May 22, 2013 10:25 am

Hi Amy. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

amygrant
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by amygrant » Wed May 22, 2013 10:27 am

Fantastic, thank you! I'll have a look and hopefully get myself out to some of them. Little Heroes sound good, I had heard about it but wasn't sure when it run.

Hoping to get the time to pop in daily and just have some normal grown up talk!

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Amy, welcome to Essexmums.

I am Gina, mum to Mia and Mason, we also live in Westcliff. The best way to get to know us is to join in the daily thread where we just have a chat about our daily lives.

There is a meet up at Chalkwell Park next week on Wednesday - be good if you fancied joining us.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#6 Unread post by Tracyx » Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am

Hi Amy,
Welcome to Essesx Mums!!!!

I am Tracy and live in Southend with my husband and 3 kids, Tilly 13, Tiannah 4, and Freddie 3. I joined the forum in January and have met some lovely friends. We go to groups together and have meet ups and lunches. You must join the daily threads and have a chat, I wish I had done it years ago!!!

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#7 Unread post by EmmaC » Wed May 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi and welcome Amy
I live in Southchurch with my husband and two kids who are 4 and 2. One of each.
You'll find us a chatty, friendly lot so do join in the forums and get to know us.
Emma
x

Return to “Southend”