babychic

New Girl

Includes Chalkwell, Westcliff, Prittlewell, Shoeburyness, Leigh-on-Sea, Eastwood, Southchurch
Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: New Girl

#16 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi ya

Missed this post

I am Jenny - Mum to William who is 6 and James who is very nearly 2 (wow - where did my baby go?)

I live Very close to Hamstel school.

I will be at Rachel's group too. Can't join the Thursday group at the children's centre quite yet - but will do next month.

Hamstel nursery is fab! We were so happy with it for William. It is not visible from the children's centre tho so to have a viewing of the nursery - you would have to go through the school and make an appointment and stuff. The nursery is am or pm and you have to do 5 days a week. Would your little one be going to Hamstel school? if so - then I would recommend seeing if there is any space available as the transition to reception was fab! Very impressed.

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#17 Unread post by Tracyx » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:46 pm

I cant see it being a problem. I have seen the one on Thursdays on here too. So may have to try that too at some point. I might see you tomorrow then, if not we will have to sort something else out.

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#18 Unread post by EmmaC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 am

I'm going to ring the nursery later and enquire about a visit. Hopefully I can get him in for after half term. I've put down thorpe greenways and Hamstel as our preferred schools but it's an anxious wait until April. The schools closest to us in town are awful.

I've had a look into the children's centre group and it does look good. I'll start at that one after Islas birthday.

Have you looked at the meeting up board? Louise is proposing a lunch next week.

Maybe see you later if youre able to make the morning group.
X

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#19 Unread post by lea-marie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 am

Hello Tracy - Welcome to the group! :)

I'm Lea, mummy to Charli (aged 9) and another on the way, due in July! I don't live too local (I'm more Chelmsford/Colchester way) but I grew up in Southend :)
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#20 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:46 pm

Hey ya huni welcome to Essexmums :)
Im Gemma and live in Westcliff with DH and our 2 boys.
x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#21 Unread post by EmmaC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Tracy/ Jenny

Thank you both! We're just back from our visit to Hamstel. Finn LOVED it. He's starting on Monday. He bound straight in and got right to playing with the other boys.

Bit if a hike though! Don't think I'll be taking the car for the pick up.
Emma
X

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#22 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:40 pm

Glad he loved it! You were lucky - the year WIlliam was in there - there was a really long waiting list! Is he morning or afternoon - I am usually in the playground by the nursery watching my boys run around in the morning.

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#23 Unread post by EmmaC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm

He's down for the afternoon sessions. It's going to mess up our weekly routines but we'll adjust. Now I just need to do the whole 'it's not you, it's me' thing with his current nursery!

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#24 Unread post by Tracyx » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi,
So glad you got Finn in. I know what you mean about not taking the car for pick ups! When John's at home he picks Tiannah up and has to park half way up the road so best walking anyway.
We have Tiannah down for Hamstel, but apparently we are not in the catchment!!! Nobody thinks we will have a problem though. The school are opening another class so hopefully we will be Ok!! I am dreading finding out!! We had all of this with our eldest back in Surrey. She got accepted into the best secondary school out of our catchment and then we sold up and moved to Essex!!!!

weezypops
Site Guru

#25 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 pm

It's nerve-wracking isn't it? We're waiting to find out with Iris this year and are hoping she gets into Felix's school. We're in catchment and she's a sibling so she really should get a place but I can't help worrying.

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#26 Unread post by Tracyx » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 pm

I don't normally worry about these sort of things but the school just around the corner isn't too good and I have a horrible feeling they will place her there!!!!!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#27 Unread post by rachel jane » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:23 am

I missed this post!!
Tracy I live just by boscombe road in Bournemouth pk. I have an 8 yr old girl 6 yr old boy and a 2 yr old boy and a 13 yr old stepdaughter who lives with us half the time. Mine go to Greenways school and I'm the one who runs the Thursday mother and toddler group.
What school does your 13 yr old go too?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#28 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 am

I can't see that it will be a problem next year to get into Hamstel as long as the fifth class is operating. Work starts in February but goodness knows where they are going to put all the children ad parents for drop off, collection and playtime. The school is very overcrowded as it is :( But if the council say it is happening then all we can do is put up wit it! I think the birth rate for next years intake also isn't as high as in some years so I think you would have to be so unlucky to not get in!

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#29 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 am

Hi,
Tilly goes to Cecil jones, we were a bit concerned when we first moved here as there are so many Grammar schools as they don't have them in Surrey. But even though it was on special measures which it isn't anymore, she is doing really well and has nearly reached all of her targets for the end of year 9 already!! She had the chance to take the entrance exam for Southend High but was settled and had new friends by then, so she decided to stay where she is. As for Hamstel, I will just have to be patient!!
Sorry Rachel, which one is the Thursday group again??

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#30 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:49 am

That's good to know about Cecil as I've heard bad things!

Return to “Southend”