babychic

Cloth Nappy Support Thread

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Cloth Nappy Support Thread

#16 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:55 pm

I really wanted to use reusables with William but never got round to it :( Maybe I will try and get to one of these so i am in the know for next time?

weezypops
Site Guru

#17 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:27 pm

We use them with Iris and are really happy with them. We do use disposables at night because she was getting really wet but other than that always the cloth.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#18 Unread post by artyfartymack » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Have you tried a Dribees night nappy Lou, I used them with Tom and they were great

weezypops
Site Guru

#19 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:20 pm

When she goes up a size we'll probably look into a night nappy, but for now it's not a problem and while we're trying to get her to sleep better the disposable is working well. It works out at about a pack a month so not too much extra cost etc.

MrsG
Explorer
Explorer

#20 Unread post by MrsG » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:15 pm

ive been really lazy with cloth over winter. Mostly because i have no where to dry anything!!

Now summer is here (well almost) im able to dry his nappies on my mums line, I love seeing nappies drying in the wind!

going to get the sewing machine out tomorrow and make some wipes and new liners :D
Image Image

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#21 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 pm

Pantz - just looked at my calendar and saw that I was going to go to this today at Basildon :( Hmmmm..... double pantz! Can't believe I forgot :(

Has anyone else been?

JennyP
Newborn
Newborn

#22 Unread post by JennyP » Fri May 20, 2011 11:14 am

Have just come across this thread - really great info thankyou! Love the idea of cloth but still unsure about the washing side of it, seems like it will be very time consuming - tell me it's not?!! x

weezypops
Site Guru

#23 Unread post by weezypops » Fri May 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I found it was pretty much an extra wash every two days, so yes it was more but not ridiculously so. There are laundry services you can use too if you'd rather not do it yourself!

weezypops
Site Guru

#24 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:09 am

Click the link for the Essex Cloth Nappy News. Contains lots of information about the latest products and details of where you can see nappy advisors in action.

Cloth Nappy News

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#25 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm thinking about using cloth nappies with this baby, haven't had a chance to read up too much yet, but everyone that i mention it too says I'm mad and that it would be way too much work, I wouldn't be able to keep doing it etc etc, which I'm finding a bit disheartening. Any experiences/advice?

KJ x

Essex Mums Book Challenge 8/25
Currently reading: A Storm of Swords, George R R Martin

weezypops
Site Guru

#26 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:19 pm

We used them with iris and are with this baby - exactly the same nappies in fact as we bought them back off the woman I sold them to. We loved them, they were easy to use and while they do create more washing, it's only a load every other day. Plus they look so cute and I think we're one of the things that helped iris potty train so early. We use itti bitty d'lish and live them because they are slimline and really easy to use. We tried a few types but those were our favourites. You're welcome to come over and see how they work if you want, though they are so nice you might fall in love! The only downside is that they are expensive at the initial outlay but then do save money over time. We probably paid £200 for our first size nappies which lasted about a year, so assuming you spend about a tenner a week on disposables (which i think is what we spent on average) makes a saving of more than £300. Plus then you can sell them on when you're done. We sold ours for £60 and then same for the next size up.

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#27 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks Louise, a lot of companies do starter kits between £200 and £300. I found a company on ebay that I can get 24 nappies plus inserts for £85 and they give a free nappy sack/bin thing for orders over £40, but just concerned about the quality if they are so much cheaper (although they seem to have a good reputation).

KJ x

Essex Mums Book Challenge 8/25
Currently reading: A Storm of Swords, George R R Martin

weezypops
Site Guru

#28 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:04 am

The problem with buying a starter kit that is all one brand is that you might not get on with that particular type as there are so many brands, styles, types etc - pre-folds, aio, birth to potty, inserts... I found it best to buy one of a number of different brands and give them all a go, decide which we preferred the kit ourselves out with a full set of those and sell the rest

Essex-Cloth-Nappies
Newborn
Newborn

#29 Unread post by Essex-Cloth-Nappies » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello all,

We are looking for parents who use cloth nappies to do some local demonstrations during real nappy week 15th-21st April. It would be a very informal chat and a great way to meet other parents in your area.
Speaking about your own cloth experiences is incredibly helpful for other parents who are thinking about switching to reusables too.

Please let me know if you would like to be involved, I can also try to pair mums together do to a demo providing enough volunteers come forward. Please email Kayleigh on: waste.management@essex.gov.uk

Essex-Cloth-Nappies
Newborn
Newborn

#30 Unread post by Essex-Cloth-Nappies » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Get a FREE Cloth Nappy Pack*

Real Nappy Week 15th-21st April

To celebrate Real Nappy Week come along to a ‘Nappuccino’ coffee morning. Meet local parents who already use cloth nappies, and get free and impartial advice on the benefits. Join the Cloth Nappy Network and get a free nappy pack*.

Tuesday 16th April Christ Church, Crown Hill, Rayleigh 10am-12pm
Wednesday 17th April Town Hall (The Lounge Room), Braintree 10am -12pm
Thursday 18th April Quaker House (Parnell Room), 6 Church Street, Colchester 10am-12pm
Thursday 18th April The ideas Hub, High Chelmer, Chelmsford 10am-12pm
Friday 19th April Café Youth, 21 West Gate, Harlow 10.30am-12:30pm

For more information visit the events page of www.recycleforessex.co.uk or call 0845 603 7625
* The offer is limited to new members of the Cloth Nappy Network who do not already receive Cloth Nappy News or previously applied for the £10 refund offer. Offer only open to residents within the Essex County Council Statutory Area.

email me if you have any questions; waste.management@essex.gov.uk

Return to “Parenting”