babychic

Bedtimes

weezypops
Site Guru

Bedtimes

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:18 pm

We've probably had this before but what time do your kids go to bed? Do they stay up later at weekends?

Felix and Iris (6 and 4) usually go to bed between 7.30 and 8, but by the time they've had stories it's closer to 8.30. If Kester is home earlier, they go to bed earlier as it is a bit late for them and they are usually tired. They often go to bed a bit earlier at the weekends rather than later to try and catch up a bit from the week but I think that will change as they get older.

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

Re: Bedtimes

#2 Unread post by Clairebear » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Up to a certain age mine went to bed at about 7 I think and then with every birthday they get 15 minutes added on. At the moment my 8 year old goes to bed at 8 and my 14 year old at 9.30. Also gives them one more thing to look forward to when their birthdays are coming up ;)

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 am

Mine are 6 and (3 weeks away from being) 3. We go upstairs at half six and do teeth etc, milk and story and then James goes off to bed and we have another few pages with William and then he goes off to bed. They are both asleep by 7:15.

ETA - weekends are the same - they are both ready for their beds and love their bedtime. (Obv might be 5/10 min later if we are busy or something)

oh and they are both in bed by 6:45 on a Thursday as we have scouts
Last edited by Jenn on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#4 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 am

My 3 go up about 7ish, all 3 in same room so they talk for a bit, twins generally asleep by 7.30, Alex on the other hand sometimes goes straight off sometimes later, but i physically have to wake him in the mornings for school so don't think he needs to go to bed any later,

Weekends the same we find whatever time we put them to bed they are awake by 6am (well the twins anyway)
Leanne and children xxxx

Schmushe
Blissful

#5 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 am

AJ goes to bed at 6.30 and reads for an hour. We've tried letting her stay up hoping she'd sleep quicker but it always works the same. She doesnt really see her dad on weekdays (only if she gets up for the toilet) and neither see him in the mornings as he's gone by then, but it was something we always agreed on as parents that routine for bedtime was important.
She does stay up longer at weekends / in holidays

J goes to bed about 8 - 8.30 - hes a miserable sod if he doesnt get enough sleep

Both of mine could go to sleep at 4am and still wake up at 7! lol

Like Claire, every birthday bedtimes go a bit later. Its nice as we get to spend more time with J as hes getting older (but on the flip side we dont get much adult time)

Return to “Parenting”