babychic

At what age...

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: At what age...

#16 Unread post by weezypops » Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Just came across this old post and thought it would be quite fun to look at now a few years down the line to see if we've changed on anything.

Most of mine are pretty much the same now except for a few:

* Cook dinner for themselves - 11? Depends on how well they can cook, I suppose
Now I would probably say 8 or 9 if it was something simple. Mine have made lunches and breakfasts for themselves but not cooked dinner

* Play outside in the street/park (if appropriate) with friends and no adults - 7/8 (depends on neighbourhood and friends)
Felix is nearly 7 and isn't allowed to play out in the street because the road is too busy and there aren't really any neighbourhood children he's close to. However, if we go to the park he and Iris are allowed to wander a bit when they're with friends - it's nor usually that far though. So now I would probably say 6 when parent is fairly nearby but out of sight and probably 9 totally without parent.

* Have a friend to stay - 7
* Stay at a friend's house - 7
My two have stayed at friends and had friends to stay and have done since they were 4 and 2, though Iris hasn't stayed at a friends house on her own yet, and Felix first stayed at a friends on his own at 5.

* Drink alcohol - 12 or so at home, with a meal. 16 with friends.
Both have had a little taste of wine and beer but don't have it regularly.

How have you changed?

For those who didn't do it first time round, feel free to join in!

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

Re: At what age...

#17 Unread post by Clairebear » Sat May 31, 2014 1:19 pm

Oh dear, I seem to have got a bit stricter since I wrote that! Ashleigh is now 15 and there's a few things on there I still won't let her do! Oh and I still can't trust Sophie in any rooms by herself and she is now 8! :lol:

Return to “Parenting”