babychic

New in Epping!

Includes Abridge, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell,Chipping Ongar, High Beach, Loughton, Nazeing, North Weald Bassett, Roydon, Theydon Bois, Waltham Abbey
Amy
Newborn
Newborn

New in Epping!

#1 Unread post by Amy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi
I'm Amy and I've just moved to the Epping Forest area. I'm not living out some sort of Robin Hood fantasy lifestyle in the forest itself, but getting ready for my first baby, due January 27th. We moved to Essex 4 weeks ago because of my husband's new job, so everything's very new - new house, new area, not working for the first time since I was 15, and a first pregnancy are a lot of new experiences all at once! It would be lovely to chat or meet up locally.
Amy

Jeanette
The Nanny

Re: New in Epping!

#2 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi again Amy.
I hope you settle in soon. You will find plenty of friendly help and advice on here. The weekends tend to be a bit quiet generally and especially with Xmas coming up. Feel free to join in the daily chat where we just natter. :lol:
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Gina73 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:01 am

Hi Amy, welcome to Essex mums.

I am Gina, mum to Mia who is 5. We live in Westcliff. Lots of friendly people on here. Hope to get to know more about you.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:24 am

Hi Amy

Welcome - Where did you move from?

I am Jenny,mummy to William who is 3 and due a little brother for him in February.

How are you finding pregnancy? I am still waiting for the stage to 'enjoy' it!

Amy
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by Amy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi there. Thanks for the welcome!

We moved from Reading, but we're from the Midlands originally. Settling in ok, but it's an odd mix of enjoying this quiet time, and it all being a little too quiet!

Jenny - I know what you mean about waiting to enjoy pregnancy. I am enjoying the idea of the baby, and trying to work out what it's up to in there, but the day-to-day symptoms kind of cloud the enjoyment. That and everyone seeming to have an opinion about everything you do, and how little/much weight you're gaining.

I'm waiting for an extra ultrasound scan because my bump isn't big enough for my weeks, but because the baby is lying transverse, and likes to lie squirrelled away facing my spine, I'm bound to be small. It makes sense to me that tape-measuring a bump can only tell you if you fall within statistical averages, and nothing else. So I'm staying positive until the scan in a couple of weeks. At least we get to see the baby again, right.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Measuring the bumps is a recent thing - they didn't do it when I was pregnant with William - but i agree - it sounds silly as people do show more or less than others! DOn't worry about the scan - sure it is fine! also need another scan as my placenta is in the wrong place :( But as you say - at least we get to see baby again!

And I agree - I am a little fed up with people telling me how big I am and am I sure I'm only 24 weeks and are you sure it isn't twins! Ggrrrr!

How did you find changing mw and hospital? Have heard some horror stories about other women changing mid pregnancy!

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 am

Hi! Welcome to the site and congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm Louise I'm 32 and live in Westcliff - I'm married to Kester and have two kids, Felix who is 3 and Iris who is 18 months. We're currently trying for our third.

Hope you like the site. If you want some pointers for where to look for things you might find this useful: http://www.essexmums.org/forum/viewtopi ... =28&t=8949

Return to “Epping Forest”