babychic

Weaning

Includes Abridge, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell,Chipping Ongar, High Beach, Loughton, Nazeing, North Weald Bassett, Roydon, Theydon Bois, Waltham Abbey
Emmak85
Newborn
Newborn

Weaning

#1 Unread post by Emmak85 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi all hope you are well. Just a bit of advice I'm looking to wean my near on 4 month old what different things have people tried with their babies?
I have now moved to loughton so if there is any mums around this area looking to maybe meet for a coffee that would be great :)

Mum of one to Charlie :D

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Weaning

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi Emma

I am not local t Loughton but thought I would reply about the weaning anyway.

With my second child - he was just under 17 weeks when he picked up a chip from my plate when out to dinner so yes - bad mum alert - my son's first solid food was chips. And he was baby-led weaned

However - when we got home - I used the (hmmmm... is it) Gill Rapley book for inspiration - he loved porridge fingers and eggy bread soldiers, he also loved meatballs (we made them big enough for him to basically suck and covered them in tomatoey/veggie sauce).

With my first child - we pureed fed him. Basically just cooked our dinner and then blended a small portion together from him. My first child was prem so we couldn't start until he was older and then I think I was scared to try proper food. But he also loved the baby cereals that you mix up with a bit of baby milk.

Is charlie showing a lot of interest in your food?

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 pm

@Jenn
I didn't know William was premature. By how much?
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Not by much Jeanette - (but the drs were very concerned and insisted I force feed him his milk and wait to go on to solid food until he was 7 months) - he was only a month early - he was due 22nd May and arrived early morning 21st April. Was a shame as I only went back to work 3 days before he arrived! My waters broke in the first aid aisle of ASDA whilst me and Mike were buying food for a Scout camp that we were meant to run the next day!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#5 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:20 pm

That's always a big fear isn't it? Where will I be when my waters break?
I think Lou was around 7 months when I started to properly wean her. I'd tried at 6 but she was having none of it.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

weezypops
Site Guru

#6 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:24 pm

We waited until 6 months with all of ours - they were interested in watching us eat etc but not really ready for food before then. When we did start them it was generally with bits of our meals - soft veggies, fruit, toast etc. We tried purees with our eldest but he wasn't interested and we ended up doing BLW without knowing it was a thing!

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#7 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:41 am

We're weaning well have been for last month

We're doing puree just veg and fruit, going to start introducing meat as of today am offering finger foods but their not interested in them. We're 6 months girls didn't seem interested in food but was advised to start as Amy was dropping bottles and not gaining weight but they taken to pureed food
Leanne and children xxxx

Return to “Epping Forest”