babychic

New to the site thought id say hello

Includes Abridge, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell,Chipping Ongar, High Beach, Loughton, Nazeing, North Weald Bassett, Roydon, Theydon Bois, Waltham Abbey
Emmak85
Newborn
Newborn

New to the site thought id say hello

#1 Unread post by Emmak85 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 am

Hi there all I'm Emma and I'm new to this site. Am 30 weeks pregnant to a little bubba boy and thought if see if there was any local forums so here I am on this one. I have recently moved to North Weald near Epping so don't really know anyone. I look forward to chatting with you all.

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: New to the site thought id say hello

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:28 am

Hi Emma, welcome to the site, I'm Louise and I live in Westcliff so not near you unfortunately! Still, the forum is nice to chat on even if we're a little further apart! I'm married to Kester and we have three kids, Felix who is 7, Iris who is 5 and Dexter who is 18 months.

I've moved this to the Epping section so hopefully you'll get some people local to you commenting!

Emmak85
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by Emmak85 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 am

Hi Louise thank you for the reply and thank you for moving it to the section I'm still looking though the site to get used to it lol. Yea it's gonna be nice just to chat.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#4 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:48 am

Hi Emma. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Emma

Welcome - I'm afraid I too am not local to you. I'm Jenny and have two boys - William who is 7 and James who is 3.

Where did you used to live and why the move? There are a few mums on here who have found the forum after moving to Essex.

Hope your pregnancy has been ok?

Emmak85
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by Emmak85 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi jenny

Thanks for posting a reply. I used to live in Romford but moved to be closer to family ready for when my little man arrives.
Pregnancy has been ok, been told his 2 weeks bigger than he should be so gotta keep being re scanned. So pretty scared at the moment :/
How where your pregnancies?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 pm

My pregnancies were horrendous due to Hyperemesis Gravidarium (severe pregnancy sickness) but the labours were fine and my boys are perfect too.

Are you near your scan unit/hospital? I remember loving my scans as you get to see baby but hating them too as the queue was massive and they always ran extremely late! And it was always really hot and busy in there too.

I'm afraid I can't help with measuring bigger than you are but am sure someone on here has been through the same!

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#8 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Emma,

Welcome to Essex Mums!!! I'm Tracy and live in Southend with my hubbie John and 3 kids, Tilly 14, Tiannah 5 and Freddie 4.
We moved from Surrey 3 years ago now and didnt know a sole! But I joined Em and have met some lovely friends. We chat and moan lots and try to meet up as often as we can!

As for measuring big, I always did. Mine weren't too bad in size though, 8lb 15, 8lb 2 and 8lb 8. But my poor sisters have had huge babies all over 10lbs, so in our family we are used to measuring big. I wouldnt worry as i find that all midwives measure differently. I had 3 different births and yes it does hurt LOL but look what you are doing, its so amazing right?!

Emmak85
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by Emmak85 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Jenn wrote:My pregnancies were horrendous due to Hyperemesis Gravidarium (severe pregnancy sickness) but the labours were fine and my boys are perfect too.

Are you near your scan unit/hospital? I remember loving my scans as you get to see baby but hating them too as the queue was massive and they always ran extremely late! And it was always really hot and busy in there too.

I'm afraid I can't help with measuring bigger than you are but am sure someone on here has been through the same!
Oh no I'm glad the boys are perfect tho :) yea near the hospital and mines not too bad I'm usually having my scan before my appt time so that's good.
I'm dreading labour lol

Emmak85
Newborn
Newborn

#10 Unread post by Emmak85 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Tracyx wrote:Hi Emma,

Welcome to Essex Mums!!! I'm Tracy and live in Southend with my hubbie John and 3 kids, Tilly 14, Tiannah 5 and Freddie 4.
We moved from Surrey 3 years ago now and didnt know a sole! But I joined Em and have met some lovely friends. We chat and moan lots and try to meet up as often as we can!

As for measuring big, I always did. Mine weren't too bad in size though, 8lb 15, 8lb 2 and 8lb 8. But my poor sisters have had huge babies all over 10lbs, so in our family we are used to measuring big. I wouldnt worry as i find that all midwives measure differently. I had 3 different births and yes it does hurt LOL but look what you are doing, its so amazing right?!
Hi Tracy nice to meet you.
There's not big babies in either of our families maybe it's just my fault why his a little chunck :) I don't care tho I just can't wait to meet him. Labour.... Dreading it.
Love the kicking and moving from him definitely going to miss that :)

Sez
Baby
Baby

#11 Unread post by Sez » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi Emma, I'm in Wickford now, but grew up in Theydon & Epping. Just wanted to say; you are in a fantastic location from a healthcare PoV. Princess Alexandra maternity is amazing: I made my long suffering partner drive me there to have my little boy in March. You chose very well!!! X
❤️❤️ Mummy to Callum 20/3/2014 and Finley 19/2/2018 ❤️❤️

Return to “Epping Forest”