babychic

Newbie to Epping

Includes Abridge, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell,Chipping Ongar, High Beach, Loughton, Nazeing, North Weald Bassett, Roydon, Theydon Bois, Waltham Abbey
Kits
Newborn
Newborn

Newbie to Epping

#1 Unread post by Kits » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 am

Hi there! Nice to meet you :)
Just about to move to Epping with hubby and my two lovely boys - aged 2 and 1/4 and 6 months. Nervous about the move and the fact we are so unfamiliar with the area and anyone nearby! Have a sense this site might be my saviour?! Looks like there is a lot of great info on here....
One thing I would like to know as a start, is a recommended local GP. Preferably someone wonderful, good with kids, etc, etc. Anybody able to help me with that?
Also, I will be looking for a part-time nanny - something like 3 afternoons a week.... what's the best place to find a brilliant nanny? Anyone have any recommendations?
And lastly (for now!), I will also be looking for a cleaner - 2 times a week.... would love some advice on the best place to find a good one of these too!
Will really appreciate any help offered!
Thank you!

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Newbie to Epping

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 am

HI, welcome to the site! I'm just saying a quick hello as I'm about to pop out - will introduce myself properly later!

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Gina73 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 am

Hi and welcome to the site. Sorry not from your area so cant help with any of the information you have asked for.

I am Gina, mum to Mia who is 6 and Mason who is 15 weeks. We live in Westcliff.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 am

Sorry, back now. I'm Louise, I'm 33 and live in Westcliff. I'm married to Kester and we have two kids, Felix who is 4 and Iris who is nearly 3. Not near you but hope someone can help!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#5 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:11 am

Ah ditto hun not in your area huni just wanted to say Hi tho.
Im Gemma, married and we have 2 boys and live in Westcliff.
Welcome to essexmums x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Jeanette
The Nanny

#6 Unread post by Jeanette » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi there. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

KerryW
Newborn
Newborn

#7 Unread post by KerryW » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Kits

My name is Kerry and i'm fairly new to the Epping myself. I'm 5.5 month's pregnant and looking to meet new mum's and mum's to be in the local and surrounding area. I saw your post and thought i'd let you know about my dr. I'm with Dr. R. M. Pradhan at the Epping High Street and I find him to be brilliant. He is very patient, listens and takes the time to explain things. The surgery offers a walk in clinic Monday to Friday's 8.30am until lunchtime (cut off is at 11am and 10am on Wednesday's when they close at lunchtime). They offer afternoon appointment sessions but Dr. Pradhan gets booked up far in advance so unless you can wait a few weeks I would recommend the walk in surgery.

With regard to the nanny question i'm afraid I can't help you with this but there is a nursery available called Kidsunlimited at St. Margaret's Hospital they offer full days at £50.95 and mornings until 1pm for £29.25 and afternoons 1pm - 6.30pm for £28.75.
Looking for a decent cleaner myself for when the baby's born.

Whilst searching the net I have found a very useful site called the Monkey Tree. http://www.themonkeytreemagazine.co.uk/ ... ory/55/59/
It shows info for Epping for health centres, children centres, parent and toddler groups etc so hope that helps.
I've just been looking into pregnancy yoga.
Hope the move goes well and when you're all settled maybe we could meet up for a coffee in Epping's lovely high st.

Kerry

Return to “Epping Forest”