babychic

Newbie alert!

Includes Abridge, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell,Chipping Ongar, High Beach, Loughton, Nazeing, North Weald Bassett, Roydon, Theydon Bois, Waltham Abbey
sassycat
Newborn
Newborn

Newbie alert!

#1 Unread post by sassycat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi Essex Mums,

We relocated from Cambridge last autumn and now that I don't have work to distract me (baby arrived 6 February) I am really missing my friends, the places I used to go with my first child when he was born etc. Is there anything going on in the Ongar area? I am happy to get involved in mother and baby groups, meet for coffee, find a new hobby or fight for a worthy cause. In fact pretty much the only thing I am not happy doing is nothing! Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Newbie alert!

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi, welcome to the site! I'm Louise, I don't live near you but thought I would say hello! YOu might like to look here for some ideas: http://www.essexmums.org/eppingforest.html

sassycat
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by sassycat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Louise, it's nice to hear from you regardless of your location! Thanks for the link I will check it out and if I can't find anything I will set something up myself and post it on the Essex Mums website :)

Jeanette
The Nanny

#4 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi there. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:17 am

Hi there

Welcome. I'm also nowhere near you but welcome to the site. Looking forward to getting to know you better through the daily threads in a bit of a chat.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Gina73 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:50 am

Hi and welcome to the site.

I am also not near you but wanted to welcome you to the site.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#7 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Welcome to essexmums :D x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

sassycat
Newborn
Newborn

#8 Unread post by sassycat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome ladies and apologies for the lack of response. I have had a couple of rough nights with baby and I have been using any available energy to get through the school run so the laptop has remained untouched for a few days! Everyone seems really friendly so I look forward to getting more involved with the forums etc although it appears we relocated to the wrong part of Essex to meet up with members of this website... :D

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by rachel jane » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:03 pm

My partners brother and family live in Cambridge in a place called Toft its lovely. What made you move to Essex?
I am in southchurch so not near you but welcome to the site. I have 3 kids 6,7 and 1.

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:10 pm

sassycat wrote:Thanks for the welcome ladies and apologies for the lack of response. I have had a couple of rough nights with baby and I have been using any available energy to get through the school run so the laptop has remained untouched for a few days! Everyone seems really friendly so I look forward to getting more involved with the forums etc although it appears we relocated to the wrong part of Essex to meet up with members of this website... :D
There are people on here near you but they don't post as often for some reason!

sassycat
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by sassycat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi Rachel, nice to meet you. We moved down at the end of August 2011 for business purposes as my other half and I both work for the same organisation based in Loughton. After 2 years the daily commute from Cambridge got too much in terms of travelling time and fuel costs were horrendous too! I have two boys, a chatty but lovely 5 year old and baby who is three weeks old. I haven't done much exploring of the Essex area yet but need to find a good seaside resort for when the weather gets better, do you have any suggestions?

sassycat
Newborn
Newborn

#12 Unread post by sassycat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:48 pm

I have no idea why the members local to me are not keen on leaving posts Louise but Gemma from TOWIE switched on the Ongar lights at Christmas and I regularly spot other people from the show so it may just be that the ladies in my area have ridiculous nail extensions which prevent them typing :lol:

Jeanette
The Nanny

#13 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:01 pm

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#14 Unread post by Gina73 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:22 am

Lol

We live near southend seafront which is a big town but there are plenty of beaches.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Juliette
Newborn
Newborn

#15 Unread post by Juliette » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi, I'm Juliette, I've also a newbie but I am just down the road from you near pilgrims hatch. There are a lot of groups in the Brentwood area, I have posted a link below for you. I have 21 & 4 month old boys so my life is a bit chaotic but a lot of fun.

I go to one Monday afternoon 1-3 at Doddinghurst community church called Tots aloud, you'd be welcome to meet me there Monday if you fancied? The lady by the door will show you who I am just ask for Juliette with Oscar and Cooper. I can tell you then what other groups are good

X

http://mums-the-word.weebly.com/

Return to “Epping Forest”