babychic

shy mum

Incudes Abberton, Fingringhoe, Marks Tey, Myland, Stanway, Tiptree, West Mersea Wivenhoe, West Bergholt, Mersea Island
rubynoodles37
Newborn
Newborn

shy mum

#1 Unread post by rubynoodles37 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Hello, my name is Becky and I am 41 years old and have a 6 and 9 year old.

I gave up work to be a SAHM 6 years ago but now my lo's are in school I do find it quite lonely most days.

I am quite shy and find it quite daunting thinking about making new friends but would love to meet new people and was thinking that perhaps chatting to people online may help to start with?

I am hoping there maybe someone out there who would like a chat etc fingers crossed :)

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: shy mum

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi, welcome to the site - it's a bit quiet today but hopefully you will join us again as we are always happy to have new people to chat to!

I'm Louise, I'm 35 and live in Westcliff with my husband Kester and our three kids, Felix who is 7, Iris who is 5 and Dexter who is 18 months.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi Becky - I am not from your area but often online on the forum most days and usually always up for a chat.

I know what you mean about it being hard to make friends. My youngest is in school nursery so I have every morning at home on my own and even tho it is only a little over 2 hours (by the time I do drop off/pick up) - and even tho I have loads of jobs that I should be doing - I already find it a little lonely and difficult. Dreading next year when James goes 9-3 - altho I am going to offer to go in and listen to children read in school maybe a morning a week or something.

Have you boys/girls/one of each?

Jeanette
The Nanny

#4 Unread post by Jeanette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi Becky. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

rubynoodles37
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by rubynoodles37 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi thanks Weezypops, Jenn and Jeanette for replying so quickly.

Jenn I've one of each my son is 9 and daughter is 6 they keep me very busy but although I have lots of boring housework and stuff to do and a lovely little dog to walk it does get v.lonely I'm thinking of doing some voluntary work to gain a bit more experience and confidence, I may ask at our school see if they need help?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 am

Most infant schools are calling out for mums to go in and help with reading, changing for swimming etc so def ask or a childrens centre if there is one near you? THey are often happy for people to help out with groups and things too? :)

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:40 am

I used to help out in Felix's class before having Dexter and it was lovely!

Return to “Colchester”