babychic

Essex Girl........Coming home!

Incudes Abberton, Fingringhoe, Marks Tey, Myland, Stanway, Tiptree, West Mersea Wivenhoe, West Bergholt, Mersea Island
Muzzbucket
Newborn
Newborn

Essex Girl........Coming home!

#1 Unread post by Muzzbucket » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi there guys
I am very excited to of found this forum. I am an original Essex girl, but I have been living in Buenos Aires for the past 3 years (almost) as my husband was sent here for work. We are moving back to Essex in May and I cannot wait to be home again. Whilst being out here I had our beautiful little flower Daisy who will be almost 2 when we get back. Although as I say I am an Essex girl at heart, before leaving Blighty we were living and working in London, but we are defo moving back to Essex (probably Colchester area) when we return. This is going to be a huge adjustment for us, as although I know the area, I have never been at home with my daughter before, so now I need to build a new life for us (very exciting) and need to find things, that I of course never paid attention to beforehand. Things like, good areas for schools, toddler classes and groups, local mummy friends for me!, Other toddler friends for Daisy, play groups, play dates etc. I hope to get to know you all better and look forward to hopefully drawing on all your fabulous expertise. Cas x

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Essex Girl........Coming home!

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Wow, Buenos Aires to Essex is a bit of a change of scenery! Hopefully we won't disappoint. I had a similar experience to you, though not quite as exotic - my husband and I lived in Chicago for two years and had our eldest when we were out there then decided to move back here. I'd grown up in Pitsea and went to school in Westcliff but had lived in London for eight years before going to Chicago so coming back to Essex as a parent was a bit daunting as I didn't really know anyone or anything! Thankfully I set up this site and have made some great friends through it - hopefully the same will happen for you!

Anyway, I'm Louise, I'm 34 and live in Westcliff with my husband Kester, our two kids, Felix who is 5 and Iris who is 3and we have another on the way, due in March.

If you fancy a chat, come and post in the daily thread - we do a lot of our nattering in there and it's a nice way to get to know everyone!

Muzzbucket
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by Muzzbucket » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks Louise. This site is a stroke of pure genius, you must be very proud (you should be). Also congratulations on your pregnancy that’s fantastic news. It sounds very exotic being here but truly it isn’t lol. It has been an amazing experience (seeing as I knew no Spanish at all when I arrived) but I am more than ready to come home. It has been both fun and very lonely at times, as I have no family here or support, so having my first child so far away with the lang barrier was a very daunting and scary experience. I did something similar in that a friend and I (she had triplets here!) started a BA mummy group and I’m pleased to say it is going from strength to strength (about 120 members now). Coming home will be both amazing and difficult as I am in a very similar situation as you described, in that I’m 37 and I need to work out everything, and start again in building a new life for us. I’m really grateful to of found this site and really look forward to hopefully meeting many of you. I will indeed check out the daily thread. Cxx

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#4 Unread post by lea-marie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am

Hi Cas, welcome to EM :)

Wow - I can only imagine what an amazing experience it has been living in Buenos Aires!

I'm Lea, 27 and live in Witham (so will be local to Colchester area). I am mummy to Charli (aged 9) and a bump due at the end of July :)
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#5 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 am

Hi Cas. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Gina73 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi and welcome to the site.

I am Gina, mum to Mia and Mason. This site is great, I have made some lifelong friends through here.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Return to “Colchester”