babychic

new to Colchester

Incudes Abberton, Fingringhoe, Marks Tey, Myland, Stanway, Tiptree, West Mersea Wivenhoe, West Bergholt, Mersea Island
marie genin
Newborn
Newborn

new to Colchester

#1 Unread post by marie genin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi all,
I relocated to Colchester from London in August. Made the move- like many before me- as it offered a chance to buy a larger house, as previously me children had been sharing a bedroom. I was also drawn to Colchester as I liked the town, schools and proximity to sea. We've moved into the Prettygate area. Luckily, I managed to get my kids, twins ( boy/girl) aged 10 years into Prettygate Primary. Whilst they miss their friends from london, they have settled in well. I have mixed feelings about the school. Academically it appears to be meeting my kids needs, but dissappointed by lack of opportunity for parental involvlement.
Am enjoying living in colchester. However, having moved into the area without knowing anyone, have found it difficult to meet mums at the school. In part, this is because the children all come out of the one gate and it is very difficult to match kids to year groups etc.
Am looking to make new friends in the area/ colchester. Did contact Hens Dancing a social group, but no longer have a Colchester group. Does anyone have any advice they can give me? Or are you a mum of similiar age kids and fancy meeting up for a coffee or beer?
Marie

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: new to Colchester

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi Marie, I'm not near you but wanted to say hello. I'm Louise and I have two kids, Felix and iris, who are 4 and 2. Have you tried asking if there are ways you can get involved? Maybe it sounds obvious, but Felix's school welcome parents in the classrooms helping out. You need to get a crb check etc but that's not too much bother, and it's lovely to be involved - I go in once a week to help out.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 am

Hi Marie. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

grace1204
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by grace1204 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi there I am new and live in Colchester my husband is from prettygate and I know some mums of kids in that school I have a 1 yr old boy, 8 ur old girl, 19 yr old and 11 yr old boys and happy to meet u x

Return to “Colchester”