babychic

New to Chelmsford

Includes South Woodham Ferrers, Boreham, Broomfield, Danbury, Hanningfield, Galleywood, Great Baddow, Great and Little Leighs, Great Waltham, Margaretting, Rettendon, Runwell, Springfield, Stock, Bicknacre, Writtle
amyjay
Newborn
Newborn

New to Chelmsford

#1 Unread post by amyjay » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:14 am

Hi,

My name is Amy, I'm 27 and I have a 2 and a half year old, Willow.

We moved to Chelmsford from Berkshire just over a week ago, and we are not very familiar with the area, and don't know anyone here as of yet.

I am trying to find toddler groups and actvities during the week, but struggling to find anything structured because of the school holidays.

If anyone is in the same situation, or can recommend anywhere friendly, or would even like to meet up for a play date (we are in Moulsham but can travel) I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Amy

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

Re: New to Chelmsford

#2 Unread post by Tracyx » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:50 am

Welcome to Essex Mums Amy!!

We moved from Surrey nearly 3 years ago now and live in Southend with my hubbie and 3 kids Tilly 14, Tiannah 5 and Freddie 4.
We love it and was the best thing we did. We never knew anyone and joining EM was the best thing I ever did! We have made some lovely friends on here.
Where abouts did you move from, we moved from Ashford , Middlesex.
Join in the daily chat and even if we aren't close to you at least you'll have some friends to talk to.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 am

Hi Amy. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Welcome to Essex Mums! I'm Louise and I live in Westcliff with my husband Kester and our three kids, Felix who is 7, Iris who is 5 and Dexter who is 1.

If you get a chance, you should come and join us in the daily thread - it's a little quiet in there at the moment but everyone is very friendly!

You're right that a lot of toddler groups end in the holidays but there are lots to do that younger ones can go to. Have you looked here: www.essexmums.org/summerfun.html

Jcornhill
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by Jcornhill » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Welcome to Essex! We moved from London nearly 10 years ago (can't believe it's been so long!) I run a toddler group at St Paul's Church on a Tuesday morning, we do generally run through the school holidays but have decided to meet outdoors during August, we're meeting at Hylands park on the lawn behind the house this Tuesday at 10am, you'd be welcome to join us. You can find all our details, including where we are meeting over the summer, on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/nctbaddow.

amyjay
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by amyjay » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi and thank you for your replies!

We moved from a village close to Newbury in Berkshire. I was born in Colchester and grew up in Witham, so my family has a few friends in the area but no one our age or that I really even remember!

I will definitely come along tomorrow, thank you for letting me know! I will also check out the daily thread.

Thank you :)

Return to “Chelmsford”