Essex Newbie

Includes Canvey Island, Hadleigh, South Benfleet, and Thundersley
singaporedeb
Newborn
Newborn

Essex Newbie

#1 Unread post by singaporedeb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi mums and dads

I've recently moved to Essex (Benfleet) from Singapore where I was living for the past 13 years. I don't know anyone in the area and would love to meet some other mums. I've got 3-year old twin girls and would greatly appreciate any tips on fun activities available to them here.

Thanks!

Jeanette
The Nanny

Re: Essex Newbie

#2 Unread post by Jeanette » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi there. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Schmushe
Blissful

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi and welcome.

What made you move from Singapore to Benfleet?

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#4 Unread post by EmmaC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi and welcome to the sure.
Wow, that's quite a move to make.
I'm Emma, mum to finn 5 and Isla who'll be 3 in march. I'm in southend.
Have you tried farmer freds play barn. that's benfleet way I think. It's great for pre-schoolers.
Join us in the daily forum where we do most of our chatting.

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi, welcome to Essex Mums! I'm Louise, I'm 35 and live in Westcliff so not very near you I'm afraid! I'm married to Kester and we have three kids - Felix who is 6, Iris who is 4 and Dexter who is 10 months. If you fancy chatting you should come and post in the daily thread!

singaporedeb
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by singaporedeb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcome, ladies. Fred's Play Barn sounds like fun, I'll definitely give it a try.
Moved back to blighty so we could be near our families but coming back has been a bit of a culture shock. My family are on the other side of London so I feel a little isolated here.
I'll join the daily thread for sure. It might just save my sanity!

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Definitely - it's a really nice way of getting to know everyone!

Benfleet is quite quiet but still has a few things going on, and I agree - Farmer Fred's is great!

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#8 Unread post by Tracyx » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:19 am

Hi Welcome to EM,

I'm Tracy and live in Southend with my hubbie and 3 kids, Tilly 14, Tiannah 5 and Freddie 3. We moved here just over 2 years ago and EM has been a godsend some days!! Join the daily thread and join in with the chat, you'll soon have some lovely friends!!

Kirsty85
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by Kirsty85 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:55 am

Hey. I live in Benfleet and have two girls aged 3 and 1. We go to a music group on a Monday morning at Woodham Ley School at 10am in term time. There is also a mother and toddler group at St George's Church on a Thursday 1pm-2.45pm in term time. I also belong to the little handprints childrens centre. They have a Facebook page which shows timetable etc. they do messy play, stay and play etc. If you fancy any of these let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you. I know how it feels moving somewhere you don't know as have had to move a few times with my husbands job. Also Farmer Fred's does a special twins session, not sure timings though. Kirsty

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:35 am

I believe the group is Double Yolks on a wednesday morning: http://www.essexmums.org/forum/viewtopi ... al#p101030

TESSIEBEST
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by TESSIEBEST » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 am

Hello Everyone,
My name is Tessie and am a professional mobile hairstylist with over 7years experience.
Before becoming a full-time hairstylist, I was (maybe still) an Architect, then I had kids and the whole dynamics changed.
I love my kids to the moon and back. Being a hairstylist gives me the ability to watch my kids grow as I can work around them being a single parent.
Now, back to the main gist. You may have wanted to have your hair extensions fitted, but when you get to a saloon, there are loads of people in queue and the price is mind-blowing. What I offer is a full hair service including the hair extensions. You will also get your hair fitted in the comfort of your home and at a fraction of saloon prices.
The extensions used are of 100% remy human hair quality that can be curled/coiled and straightened without fear of it getting damaged.
When you get your hair fitted by me, you will also get a free set of Tangle Teezers.
You can see photos of my work on facebook, my profile name is "Tessie Hair Matters"
Contact me via Text/phone call/whatsapp on 07759160016.

Return to “Castle Point”