babychic

Hi from wickford!!

Includes Pitsea, Billericay, Wickford, Laindon, Burstead, Laindon, Langdon Hills, Bowers Gifford, Crays Hill, Little Burstead, North Benfleet, Ramsden Bellhouse
nickiebabe
Newborn
Newborn

Hi from wickford!!

#1 Unread post by nickiebabe » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi, i have posted once before several months ago but things have been hectic with me going in and out of hospital so havent been on since!! My name is nickie, im 32 and have a 10 year old girl and a 8 1/2 month old girl. To be honest im feeling a bit crap at the moment as have a lot going on in my life healthwise but have also had problems with my ante natal group of "mummy friends" and its really knocked my confidence!! We were all friends for months now but its seemed to turn into a bit of a competition about whose baby does what first and it seemed to be my baby that was doing things first (even teeth which have NOTHING to do with my parenting!!! :D ) and so they got really funny and started meeting up and not including us!! I tried to say its not a competition but they are still being funny so really im here to try and find some "normal"!! similar mums to meet up with without feeling awkward if my baby happens to walk first!!! :lol:
Nickie
xx

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Hi from wickford!!

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Nickie - are you Nickie who went to WHSG? I think we were in the same year...

I'm Louise, I'm also 32 and live in Westcliff with my husband Kester and our two kids, Felix who is 4 and Iris who is 2. We also have another on the way, due next March.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with your friends. I think some people do get really competitive about that sort of stuff, which is so strange when it's something you have very little control over!

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#3 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi Nickie,

I'm Nicky from Rayleigh, so just down the road from you. I live with my husband and our 2 boys, mitchell age 5 and jamie who had just turned 2.

I don'y talk to the mums from my last antinatal group either, without sounding rude they were 1st times mums and they seemed to frown upon on what i did with my baby, not that i did anything wrong but they everything by the book and i always they were talking about me and not including me in their meet ups too, posibily because i have an older child and they thought he'd knock their babies over, oh i don't know to be honest, but they were clicky and i really couldn't be bothered with it all xx

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

nickiebabe
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by nickiebabe » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 am

Yes louise i went to WHSG!!

Nicky i felt exactly the same!!! They would say " oh you do it like that????? we were told you shouldnt do that!!! " They are also very clicky and were breastfeeding which i'm unable to do and would sit and talk CONSTANTLY about it!! Hoping to meet some new friends on here!!!
Nickie
x

Jeanette
The Nanny

#5 Unread post by Jeanette » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:30 am

Hi Nickie. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:08 am

Hi ya

I'm Jenny from SOuthend! I have two little boys, WIlliam who is 4 and James who is 6 months.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:23 am

nickiebabe wrote:Yes louise i went to WHSG!!
I was Louise King then, in R

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by rachel jane » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 am

Hi i'm Rachel, i have 3 children 1,5,7 and an 11 year old stepdaughter and live in southend.
Sounds like you have been unlucky with your antenatal mates, i still see all mine from the 1st time around and i went with my last and was the only one with kids but have met 4 really nice ladies and sometimes it seems like a competition i just laugh if off and tell them to chill! :lol:

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#9 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Hey ya lovey welcome to essexmums :D
Im Gemma, married to Dom and we have 2 boys, Jack who is 5 and Ace who is a few weeks old. We live in Westcliff.
Hope your feeling ok, sorry to hear a few things are going on atm.
I just want to say too that this site is lovely and Im sure the others will agree if you want to talk about anything or ask peoples opinions/advice feel free to post about it. We are lovely on here :lol:
Take care lovely x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

nickiebabe
Newborn
Newborn

#10 Unread post by nickiebabe » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks for your replies girls!!! I must admit i was wary of coming on here and am nervous of meeting new people but really want to do it and everyone seems lovely on here :)
Nickie
x

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#11 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 pm

nickiebabe wrote:Thanks for your replies girls!!! I must admit i was wary of coming on here and am nervous of meeting new people but really want to do it and everyone seems lovely on here :)
Nickie
x
Ahh hun I think its natural to feel that way on a forum and just assume that its going to be clique etc. I hope to chat some more.
Its a great way to chat on here in the A bit of a Chat thread and have a good natter too :lol:
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

weezypops
Site Guru

#12 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Yes, definitely normal to feel that way! I would say the best way of getting stuck in and getting to know everyone is to post in the daily threads - they normally have the day of the week in the title and are where we do a lot of our chatting.

Return to “Basildon”