babychic

6 month old not drinking formula

Ask Lisa Clegg author of The Blissful Baby Expert and Lynsey Calvert from Mothering Matters questions you have regarding dealing with everything baby-related.
Samanfajxo
Newborn
Newborn

6 month old not drinking formula

#1 Unread post by Samanfajxo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi I really hope you can help!

My 6 moth old is fully weaned and on 3 meals a day - porridge and fruit/veg purées. We weaned him at 4 months on advice from the gp due to his awful reflux! For the last 3 weeks he really doesn't seem to want his milk. He will only drink between 1-4oz before pushing the bottle away and point blank refusing to drink any more, but will then gobble down his purées! We always offer the bottle before his purées. His lack of milk intake is really starting to worry me, he must be hungry! For example last night he had his las bottle at 7.30pm then nothing until 7am, but still only drank 2oz! He doesn't drink water, he just spits it out despitee offering it throughout the day.

Like I say, he eats his solids fine, and often drinks a whole bottle at bedtime but durin the day he has no interest in his milk at all and feeding time is becoming a bit of a mission!

Theblissfulbabyexp
Baby
Baby

Re: 6 month old not drinking formula

#2 Unread post by Theblissfulbabyexp » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi there. What bottle and sized teats are you using currently?

Samanfajxo
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by Samanfajxo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:49 pm

We're using Tommee tippee bottles and size 3 teats - he's on anti reflux milk (which is very thick) so size 3 teats are the only ones we can use. X

Theblissfulbabyexp
Baby
Baby

#4 Unread post by Theblissfulbabyexp » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Can you email me breakdown of your milk and solids times please and also nap times and amounts? Lisa@theblissfulbabyexpert.com

Lynsey
Little kid
Little kid

#5 Unread post by Lynsey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Has baby ever been assessed for tongue tie?

In the mean time, you might consider using a free-flow sippy cup or open cup such as the Doidy.

Return to “Ask the Baby Expert”