babychic

Finding out the gender?

EmilyLauryn
Baby
Baby

Finding out the gender?

#1 Unread post by EmilyLauryn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi all
Well my oh surprised me tonight by saying that when the time came for our 20week scan he doesnt want us to find out. So I wondered what made you find out or not as the case may be??

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Finding out the gender?

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm

We found out with all of ours but I think it's totally up to the individual. I'm just too impatient and like to be able to think of gender-specific names etc. and stop referring to it as 'it'! I can understand why people might like the surprise though too.

How do you feel about it?

EmilyLauryn
Baby
Baby

#3 Unread post by EmilyLauryn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm not sure I think I want to find out as we didn't with Lauryn only because she wouldn't let us see. However I think it would help her aswell as instead of it just being baby it will be brother or sister.
Do you wish you hadn't found out at all?

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm

No, not at all. I was happy we knew with all of them and didn't feel like it spoilt anything.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#5 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Ahh we found out with our 1st as wanted to be prepared. We also then found out with our 2nd as big bro came with us too so it was lovely for him to no wether he had a baby bro or sister :) He was over the moon bless him.
Im glad we found out as was prepared both times and had names and everything sorted and organised. x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

EmilyLauryn
Baby
Baby

#6 Unread post by EmilyLauryn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Yeah I like to be organised! With Lauryn it was lovely not knowing but I felt a little unprepared because everything was well 'that's nice but too girly or that's nice but to boyish' we had planned to find out so part of me was dissappointed but he seems against finding out this time!

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm

We found out with our first just so we could be organised but with our second we didnt find out. I loved not knowing and loved the 'surprise' when he eventually popped out. I think if I was to have another one (very unlikely lol) I would again not find out the sex.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:22 pm

I needed to find out as I found it really hard to bond with them and being able to refer to the bump as he instead of it - helped me with that.

I would love to be someone who doesn't need to find out but sadly I am not!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by rachel jane » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 pm

I one of those people that can't understand why you would want to find out but each to their own. I didn't find out with any of my 3 and loved not knowing it adds extra excitement not knowing what your having. It's gives you something extra to push for.

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#10 Unread post by lea-marie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:11 am

I had originally planned not to find out with Charli, and so the 20-week scan came and went and I still had no idea, and even when I went in for premature labour, I didn't want to know when they did the scan then, but I had a fall at about 32 weeks and was taken in for a scan as I had landed funny and was getting pains, and something just clicked in me that I wanted to know. It was lovely knowing that she was a girl and then being able to prepare.

With this one, Andy said from the start that he wanted to know, and whilst a little part of me thought about not finding out, I mostly do want to as I find it strange referring to my bump as an 'it' - it just feels so inpersonal :? I can't wait to find out in 5 weeks time! :D
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

Schmushe
Blissful

#11 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:12 am

I found out with all 3 of mine. Partly because I am so impatient to know (and my kids are impatient too hence them all being prem), and the other because I had so many scans / appts it was nice to be able to refer to them as he or she rather than the baby!

My Dh didnt want to know with our 1st but I let it slip. With our 2nd it made sense to know so we could prepare and with our 3rd we didnt mind either way as we already had one of each.

I think if we have another, I wouldnt want to know, purely to see what its like - but knowing me I would probably cave at the last minute!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#12 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Oh gosh yeah I couldn't wait 40 weeks or so :lol: I'm so impatient I have to no :lol:
My SIL didn't find out with Molly and I found it was me thinking ohhhh how long till we no when he/she is born :lol: That was bad enough haha x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Return to “Pregnancy”