babychic

What to expect please?

Ask our Children's Physiotherapist Chris Smith from Kidsphysio2u any physical development concerns you may have, or for general children's physiotheraphy questions.
Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

What to expect please?

#1 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi

My (almost) 3 year old has been referred to physio as his feet go very inward as he walks. (His brother did the same but had outgrown it by now).

Anyway - what should I expect to happen during the first session please? My son is not able to talk or even respond properly if someone asks him something. Have you any ideas about what I should expect? Length of appointment etc?

Thanks

Kidsphysio2u
Newborn
Newborn

Re: What to expect please?

#2 Unread post by Kidsphysio2u » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Jenn,
Each Physio service is very different. But as a guide, the appointment will probably about an hour. You will be asked a few questions regarding your child's development and family history. Childrens Physios are very good At working with non verbal children. We often use play to promote the right movement. Intoeing at the age of 3 is quite common and some intoeing at this age is expected. So your Physio will work out if this is part of the child's expected development or not. If not they will suggest some ways you can help to improve the intoeing. This may be activities to do, advice on shoes or special inserts for shoes. Try not to worry us Physios are a friendly bunch :).
Chris Smith
Lead Children's Physiotherapist
Kidsphysio2u Limited
01206 510858
info@kidsphysio2u.co.uk

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: What to expect please?

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks - I wasn't really worrying (well no more than a normal mum) but it is good to have a basic understanding as I always think it is nice to be able to prepare them for what might happen. Thanks

Return to “Ask the Children's Physiotherapist”