babychic

My little one x

Ask our Children's Physiotherapist Chris Smith from Kidsphysio2u any physical development concerns you may have, or for general children's physiotheraphy questions.
abbygail
Newborn
Newborn

My little one x

#1 Unread post by abbygail » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi

My little one is six months old. I took him to see his consultant Monday for his cows milk protein allergy. The consultant checked him over but he wouldn't sit unaided or place his feet down. The consultant asked me to contact my health visitor and ask her to visit. I did this and they have now referred him for physio he also has constipation.
I have been left a little worried that he is not developing as he should could you please advise.

Many thanks

Abby

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: My little one x

#2 Unread post by rachel jane » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:50 pm

How silly! None of my children were sitting at 6 months. They sat up at 8 months, crawled at 11 and walked at 13 months. Doctors don't know what age children should do things and also they all do them at different ages.
My son also has constipation and has been on movicol for over a year and that sorts him out and hopefully he will grow out of it.
I really wouldn't worry he sounds like a normal 6 month old.x

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 am

William also did not sit until way after 6 months and didn't walk until 15 months.

Have you heard anything back yet?

Kidsphysio2u
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by Kidsphysio2u » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Abby,
Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. Its hard to say why the consultant has referred you to physio, as there may be a number of reasons. Generally children start moving at around 6 months old and it may that your consultant is pro-active and wants to ensure your child is not going to fall behind. It may be that the pediatrician wants a full assessment of your child's muscle tone, strength and movement patterns and physio is the best way to get this so don't worry. No referral to physio is ever silly and if there is even the slightest concern it should be followed up and certainly I would follow the advice of your pediatrician. If the physio thinks all is well then they will discharge you as soon as they are satisfied and inform the pediatrician.
kind regards
Chris Smith, Children's Physiotherapist
Chris Smith
Lead Children's Physiotherapist
Kidsphysio2u Limited
01206 510858
info@kidsphysio2u.co.uk

abbygail
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by abbygail » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:48 am

Thank you all x no update as yet I had a letter through to book an appointment for lighthouse centre and when I called was told there are no appointments available so am waiting for them to call me with one! Thank you for the reassurance my dd dudnt walk till 18 months and am told now that she is right on target even excellent it took her while to gauge depth perception as couldn't jump the paper at her check and she is clumsy and uncoordibated at times but sent we all lol but she is just fine. I think as way was born a little poorly and needed a little help I worry about him just that little bit more x

Return to “Ask the Children's Physiotherapist”