Nappy Laundering Service

For household tips and family talk
Edwina
Newborn
Newborn

Nappy Laundering Service

#1 Unread post by Edwina » Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Everyone

My name is Edwina I am looking to start a laundry service in South Essex incorporating a Cloth Nappy laundry service. I should love to hear your thoughts in particular on a laundering service for cloth nappies.
I look forward to hearing from you.Take Care
:family: Edwina

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Nappy Laundering Service

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu May 19, 2011 7:54 pm

I used them for my daughter and didn't mind the washing too much, but the main reason I didn't go for a laundering service is because the council only did them once a week and I didn't really like the idea of having the dirty nappies sitting around for a week. Also not getting back your own ones put me off too.

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

#3 Unread post by sheeina » Thu May 19, 2011 9:16 pm

i dont think id go for a nappy service.
the thought have not having the nappies at home incase of tummy aches.
plus how would i keep them and how long for and how long would you have them and cost
ooo more reasons that the one i thought.
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Edwina
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by Edwina » Fri May 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Sheeina & Weezypops

Thank you for replying, I totally understand the issue with collection and delivery only being offered on a weekly basis, I find this unacceptable myself and certainly would not have accepted that service level when I had my babies. In addition not receiving back ones own nappies is another issue that I personally find unacceptable... My business model would overcome both these issues and a two day collection and delivery service would be put in place, furthermore a process ensuring your nappies remain your nappies will also be provided. As to cost I am currently in the planning stage and therefore I am unable to quote costs at this stage.

I will of course keep you all updated as to progress, and looking into possible funding routes that would allow and encourage the use of reusable nappies.

Kind Regards
Edwina

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Sat May 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Sorry - never had time to read or post before.

Personally I think people who have already decided to go cloth and are already using them do not mind the washing of them. However - I think there are many people out there who would like to go cloth but don't really know where to start as there is so much choice out there. I think it would be best to target those people - maybe by offering a starter package to pregnant mums which includes cloth and also the guarantee of washing them and returning your own ones.. If that makes sense.

I could easily have been persuaded in to using cloth nappies but everytime I researched it - I was just bewildered by the choice of makes.

Edwina
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by Edwina » Mon May 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Jenn

Thanks for your input, I agree, by the times most new Mums have gven birth they have decided on the system they are going to use and stick with it that makes perfect sense indeed. I am sorry to read that you were put off from using cloth because of the different types that are now available..You are right it really is very bewildering, for me too, who, being of a certain age has not changed a nappy in many a long year!!! and in my day there were two choices, really horrid disposables, or terry squares, BTW it was 1973!! It is quite amazing how many different types there are these days, prefolds, shaped and those that use bamboo and hemp, the list is endless. My service will aim to make the decison easier for Mums to make the right choice for their needs, and thank you for the suggestion of approaching those that have yet to give birth.

Kind Regards
Edwina :family:

Mandyt
Newborn
Newborn

#7 Unread post by Mandyt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Edwina,

What's the name of your company? Do you have a website?

Mandy

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Mandy

You might want to PM Edwina because I am not sure how often she comes online and this thread is not very recent!

You'll find a little square say PM on the right hand side next to one of her posts and this should get sent to her e-mail then where she will hopefully see it more quickly!

LouiseFisher
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by LouiseFisher » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:37 pm

I personally wouldn't use the service. Sorry my opinion!

Return to “Home Talk”