babychic

Good double glazing installers for a home extension/conservatory near Tiptree?

For household tips and family talk
lkjanes68@gmail.com
Newborn
Newborn

Good double glazing installers for a home extension/conservatory near Tiptree?

#1 Unread post by lkjanes68@gmail.com » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi!! I am hoping somebody can help me and purely from their own experience and recommendations.

I am looking to extend the back of my home and create a new room entirely as my daughter is about to have a baby and they are living with me so I figured it would be lovely to have an additional baby space/playroom (the toys are already taking over my living room and he's not even born yet!). I have been looking at some companies online but I am not entirely sure how to know if they can be trusted to do a good job. I live in a semi detached house and have plenty of room to play with the size of the conservatory but I am undecided between PVC-u and aluminium, and possibly bi-folding doors? I have been told aluminium is best by a couple of companies but I have seen that it is significantly more expensive?

So, long story short - if anybody can point me in the right direction of a trusted double glazing installer and can tell me about a good experience they have had especially with an extension? I am in Tiptree.

Thanks. I appreciate any help!

WendMorgz41
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Good double glazing installers for a home extension/conservatory near Tiptree?

#2 Unread post by WendMorgz41 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi!

Congratulations on your daughters' pregnancy! do you know if its a boy or a girl?? :D and have you managed to find a double glazing company yet?
I had my kitchen extended late 2017 and opted for PVC over aluminium - this was because it WAS significantly cheaper and it matched with the rest of my double glazing. We also decided for some french doors over bi-fold doors because i have read that the bi-folds to match my extension would not last as long. So maybe aluminium would be best if you want the bi-fold doors?

We got ours done by a local company in Tiptree too https://www.firstchoice-windows.co.uk/c ... ter-essex/ which i would recommend! Everything is still standing lol, and they were super fast and clean

Good luck! Let me now how it goes :)

WendMorgz41
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Good double glazing installers for a home extension/conservatory near Tiptree?

#3 Unread post by WendMorgz41 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi lkjanes68. How are you?

did you find anybody for your extension? :)

Return to “Home Talk”