babychic

Trying for baby no 5

sjm262
Newborn
Newborn

Trying for baby no 5

#1 Unread post by sjm262 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi all

thought i would introduce myself as i am new to the board. I am a mum of 4 (all conceived very normally). Last year i split with their dad and have since met someone else. Luckily my soul mate i believe!! We plan to have a baby but have been trying since last august with no success :cry: I have had a scan with my consultant who says i have slightly polycystic ovaries. I am slightly overweight (size 14/16) and have been exercise, eating well since january with absolutley no weight loss!! Anyone else have any more ideas???? I have tried ovulation tests, we are fully aware of when we ovulate and even with all of this the fun hasn't disappear from the bedroom! Just doesn't seem to be happening for us at all!!!!

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

xx

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Trying for baby no 5

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 pm

sjm262 wrote:Hi all

thought i would introduce myself as i am new to the board. I am a mum of 4 (all conceived very normally). Last year i split with their dad and have since met someone else. Luckily my soul mate i believe!! We plan to have a baby but have been trying since last august with no success :cry: I have had a scan with my consultant who says i have slightly polycystic ovaries. I am slightly overweight (size 14/16) and have been exercise, eating well since january with absolutley no weight loss!! Anyone else have any more ideas???? I have tried ovulation tests, we are fully aware of when we ovulate and even with all of this the fun hasn't disappear from the bedroom! Just doesn't seem to be happening for us at all!!!!

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

xx
I read that the average couple can take a year to concieve so wouldn't worry just yet! Good luck though, I have no real advice, just wanted to say that.

Schmushe
Blissful

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi and welcome to Essex mums.

I have PCOS, and concieved my son naturally, but struggles to concieve my daughter, I tried a herb called AGNUS CASTUS, which can be bought from Holland and Barratt, and it helps naturally regualte your body.
My PCOS was quite bad, so ended up on Metformin, which obviously did the trick for me, but some ladies have had to use Clomid (which carries a higher risk of twins....)
After a yr of TTC, they normally advise you to go to see your gp for referal to see consultant.
Hope things work out for you, pm me if you want to chat xx

louise cottee
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by louise cottee » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:10 pm

hi i also have pcos i was told told to lose weight with my first so i did 7 stone with the help from my gyna dr told me to stop eating any carbohydrates ie bread potatos pasta because us pcos cant break down starch that makes you fat !!!!! i no it sounds hard but it worked for me on both pregs and worth doing for the end result baby i promise you will lose weight !!!! Any consolation i am trying for number 3 at mo and have stopped carbs and lost 6 pounds this week good luck xx
denise 31

Return to “Trying to Conceive”