babychic

Is there ever a right time?

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

Is there ever a right time?

#1 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi all,

I'm Kj, 25 year old mummy to a 2 year old girl called Sarah. Live in the Southend area, know a couple of people on here already.

Just to give you a brief life and times of Kj & Sarah: Had a pretty uneventful pregancy/birth with Sarah, broke up with the biological father when she was four months and moved back to Southend (grew up here). Meet my partner Jon in a act of what only be described as sheer bizzaire coincidence last year, our wedding is on the 13th Feb.

The question I have is, is there ever a 'right time' for another baby? Jon is the most fantastic Dad to Sarah, he absolutely dotes on her and she loves him dearly. I know he really wants another one, he would be quite happy to start ttc tomorrow. He would be pleased to know that he has ground me down... I'm begining to feel broody... it is a slipperly slope from here to sneaking into mothercare to look at the booties and mittens.

I know my life is too hectic right how, Sarah is still small and I have a full time job career as a secondary school teacher and am stdying part time at university for another degree - because, yes, I'm insane. Oh yes, and there is the whole wedding thingy! (Can't believe I forgot to list my own wedding). But... Wedding will be done in a few weeks, I graduate in July, pay pay goes up and Sarah's nursery fees go down in September. Seems like as good a time as any?!

I'm concious of the fact that I am passionate about my career, but really don't want to have a big age gap between babbies, Sarah would be off to school around the same time as I drop the sprog so no double nursery fees to worry about if I want to return to work.

I'm concerned as well that conception may be as quick (Sorry gents, no pun intended) as it was with Sarah, as I really that when trying to weigh up this decision I have slotted everything into a neat time scale which mother nature and I may have creative differences over.

So girls, is there ever a right time?

Kj x

Essex Mums Book Challenge 8/25
Currently reading: A Storm of Swords, George R R Martin

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

Re: Is there ever a right time?

#2 Unread post by nubs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Nope there is never a right time lol

If I stayed in northern ireland I would of got pregnant after a yr but it ended up that we moved and I got pregnant when Jack was coming up 2, it's a nice age gap though they drive each other crackers but love one another to bits

I think if u have the next few months planned to keep things simple if u fall before u graduate it's no hardship really is it? Unless of course u suffer with sickness
I fell in the 1st month with both mine
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:24 pm

I don't know if there's such thing as a perfect time. There are certainly bad times, like if a relationship is bad or you (general you) have no money at all, but I really don't think there's ever a time where you think 'you know what, we have all the money and time we could possibly need, a massive house, I'm exactly at the point I'll want to be with my job and can come back to it and I never really needed sleep anyway'. :lol: I tend to think as long as the relationship is good and most things are ticking along nicely, you are right to be most lead by the heart in these situations. Plus, as you say there are certainly benefits to having kids close together etc and these kinds of things should be taken into account I think.

When Felix was conceived we weren't trying at all (though were very happy about it) - we were living in Chicago where there was no maternity pay etc. and I either had to give up my job entirely or put him into a daycare at 6 weeks old. Kester's salary wasn't really enough to cover everything, and we knew we wanted to come back to the UK at some point, preferably while he was still young. We wanted kids, but wanted to be settled back in the UK first so it really wasn't ideal and we had to work a lot out to make it all okay. However, we were so thrilled, and it all worked out. I tend to think that you can make most things work really if you're in it together!

This isn't at all lead by me wanting you to be pregnant at the same time as me though. Haha.

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#4 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:09 pm

I fell pregnant with my 1st within the first mnth after deciding ttc, we were thrilled but also surprised how quick i fell pregnant, as thought would take longer, had just got to where i wanted to be in my career (store manager) once he was 6mnths went back p/t but missed being in control of a team and money was an issue not major issue but liked having that extra cash so got another job in a different store in management, within a week discovered i was pregnant again thought would be ok could return to work again once child was born but found out i was expecting twins. so became a SAHM we just about make do each month, and i am looking into returning to work again next year as twins are nearly two and i am able to qualify for government funding for them.
I don't regret any part of having my boys when i had them but it is your descion but if you keep saying will wait til finacially stable, til were more settled etc it may never happen and would you regret that it never happened.
Leanne and children xxxx

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#5 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:58 pm

quote]I don't regret any part of having my boys when i had them but it is your descion but if you keep saying will wait til finacially stable, til were more settled etc it may never happen and would you regret that it never happened.[/quote]

This is exactly what I'm thinking, If I keep saying 'well lets wait until' it's never going to happen! Well had a chat with the other half and we are going to relax, enjoying the wedding and get through graduation then start trying.

As term finishes in July that means we will have six weeks of uniterrupted.. erm.. practice!
Any one had any experience of coming off implanon? Or just general stories of how long it took you all to fall pregnant after coming off contraception?

Thanks for the advice

Kj xx

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#6 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Preggers at the same time, that would be awesome :wink:

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 pm

sarahsquarepants wrote:
Or just general stories of how long it took you all to fall pregnant after coming off contraception?
I was on the pill for about 4/5 years before getting pregnant wit Felix and had only been off it a month or two, so it didn't have much of an affect at all for us. Though it was just the mini-pill so I don't know if that makes a difference.

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#8 Unread post by nubs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:42 pm

I had the implanon but Had it taken out the December before we starting trying which was June my cycle came back straight away though mine is a bit hit and miss as each month differs but as soon as we tried I was pregnant in a few weeks
Kris, Jack & Sam
[/url]

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#9 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:44 pm

I fell pregnant straight away with Sarah but I know this is not always the case having two people very close to me who haven't managed to concieve after several years.

Don't know anyone who has had kids after being on Implanon (arm rod thingy) so if anyone has or knows anyone then let me know : )

Kj xx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#10 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:57 pm

I was on the pill before conceiving. Both times - I came off the pill, took folic acid and used alternative contraception for 3 months (I had read this is what was recommended). Both times I fell pregnant on the first attempt.

Don't know anything about implanon tho!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#11 Unread post by nubs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 pm

I had the implanon and fell pregnant x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[/url]

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#12 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Thank you, do you mind if I ask you roughly how long it took you?

Kj x

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#13 Unread post by nubs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:45 pm

I came off it in the December after being on it about a yr or so and actually started trying in June and was pregnant by July
Kris, Jack & Sam
[/url]

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#14 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Cool, thanks nubs x

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#15 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Ahh hun I dont think theres ever a right time I agree. As long as its what someone (a couple) wants then go for it aww.

R.e the pill I no many of people that dont have any problems conceiving after coming off it.
I even fell pregnant while I was on the pill unplanned at the time of course hence taking contraception but unfortunately that preg didnt last.
I came off the pill when ready to try again and it happened no problem with my lil man.
It can happen.
Whatever you decide darl good luck. x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Return to “Trying to Conceive”