babychic

Valentines day!!

For advice and chat about relationships, whether with your spouse, your MIL, your friends or anyone else in your life
Schmushe
Blissful

Valentines day!!

#1 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:19 pm

What do you think of Valentines day?

Do yo partake in it? And if you do - what things do you do for it? Do you like the suprise element or would you rather have it all planned out?

If you dont do it / like it - why not?

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

Re: Valentines day!!

#2 Unread post by nubs » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:34 pm

I would like for Tom to be spontaneous and do something but he won't - he said earlier about the train to Paris and its price so I said 'your taking me then?' his reply 'thought about it but no!' I rarely get an anniversary card either so I guess you could say romance is well and truly dead in this house!

So instead I am going swimming with my Best mate!
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Me and John don't celebrate it although i know he has bought me a bar of toberlerone!!! Can't really see the point in it to be honest!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#4 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

We don't do anything and never have even when we were courting. Why should one day be any different just because the shops are full of cards and flowers etc. Birthdays and anniversaries are different as they are personal.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

We don't really do anything!

However - before the children we did spend the Valentines weekend in Brussels one year, and in Rome another and also in Barcelona! (The Rome weekend and Barcelona weekend - despite being February - were so hot that we just wore trousers and t-shirt and didn't even take a coat/jumper out with us during the days!!!)

Also - Mike does always get me a bouquet of 12 red roses! (ha ha - you wait - he won't tomorrow! lol!) I always tell him not to and that I would prefer two bunches of daffs!

| think it means more to Mike than me!

Ha ha - Michelle - I think you started this same thread in 2009?

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#6 Unread post by lauraannek » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:23 pm

James always buys me something normally flowers even though I tell him not to bother.
I never buy him anything but will make us a special kid free dinner lol - i do the kids their dinner and do us something when they go to bed - im doing beef wellington and horseradish mash tomorrow with veg as james is a meat and veg meal man.

We dont do cards though - infact James never buys me cards he normally signs his name in the kids one on my birthday :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:58 pm

We don't do anything - we decided pretty early in our relationship that it wasn't something that's important to us and I always feel quite relieved that we don't 'have' to do anything that is important to us.

Schmushe
Blissful

#8 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:06 pm

We have bought each otehr gifts - Paul wanted a Superdry top now hes losing weight (cause they are all slim fit), and he has pre-ordered breaking dawn for me.
We have done cards too - I put a double choc kit kat chunky inside cause hes been saying how much he wants to try it.

I did a 4 course candle light dinner tonight, the kids went to bed early and we just enjoyed each others company - not saying we dont normally, but it was nice to suprise him.

Valentines day is always a dodgy day for us, cause it is the anniversary of his mums death.

LouiseFisher
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by LouiseFisher » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:37 pm

I find valentines nothing special however, do enjoy doing something for it! We usually go for a meal!

It does have a surprise element however, I know what his plans will be (so predictable..)

Hope you all have a fabulous day

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#10 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Louise - this was actually originally from last year but no worries! This year it is on a Thursday so we are going to Scouts :( Although we are going to make heart shaped foil templates and then use them to make pink pancakes as it is also pancake week that week!

Return to “Relationships”