babychic

Back to School - What's Happening this Year?

weezypops
Site Guru

Back to School - What's Happening this Year?

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:04 pm

So, what does this year have in store for your little ones?

Felix is going int year two at Chalkwell Hall and will be in Class Brazil. His teacher is called Mrs Lang - she's known for being quite strict but is supposed to be very good. He'll be rejoining the rest of his year so it will be interesting to see how that works out for him.

Iris is starting in Reception at Chalkwell too and has a new teacher called Miss Roe. She's very excited to be starting, though has to wait for a week after Felix starts before she can go.

Dexter will still be home with me, but we hope to do some swimming, some Baby Sensory and some Jo Jingles!

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: Back to School - What's Happening this Year?

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Josh goes into his final year of primary. He was voted in as head boy for the whole school and will be taking his 11+ exam this month!! Secondary school applications later on in the month and a prom next year which he's excited about.

Alexa goes into yr 2. Last year on the infant side of the school. She has a NQT so a few of us are keeping a very close eye on progress....just in case!! Get the results from her 1st ballet exam and she moves up into the primary class as of next week with a lot harder routines.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Well obviously like Felix and Alexa, William is entering year 2. He is in Otter class and also with a new teacher called Miss Simmonds. The whole class is staying the same which is nice! William loves Miss Simmons already as she went on the class trips last term and went in quite regularly to help out in the class and even taught the class when one day when William's teacher was away. One of William's new TA's Mrs Liddon (I think) is one of William's favourite TA's as she taught him for Read write inc last year and then I think there are 2 more TA's in his class this year although I am not sure who they are yet!

He can't wait to get back to school and everything is ready already and he is very happy and excited!

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Felix's class have all moved around again - he has four others from his class last year, one girl he has been with since reception but doesn't have many close friends in his new class. It doesn't seem to bother him much though! They always move between the four classes for different activities anyway so it's not too much of a problem!

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

#5 Unread post by Clairebear » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Ashleigh is going into year 10 and will start her GCSE's this year. I don't know who is more nervous, her or me!

Sophie will be going into juniors and has a teacher called Mrs Netto. Apparently she is quite strict but a good teacher. She is also moving up to cubs in October, going to be very strange to be at beavers without her!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#6 Unread post by nubs » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:46 am

Jack is up to the juniors this year - he has a new teacher to the school Miss Bennett and his class is called whomping willows, he is looking forward to it - he also kept his place at his goalkeeping training which he is happy about
Sam is starting reception with another new teacher to the school Mrs Govier - think he is looking forward to it as he has asked everyday for 2 weeks if he is going to school
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#7 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Aww Jack is now in year 3 wow! His class name is Holly Tree. He is keen as ever and is now a free reader.
He has a great teacher Miss Ambrose. Jacks 1st footy season is ah head of him which he can't wait.

Ace is at home with me and will start the school nursery hopefully in September. X
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 am

Connie's in year 5 and I've told her she's got to knuckle down this year. Her teacher seems nice and she was pleased to get her. They are retested every class for reading and think she's brown or one above I can't remember.
Teds in year 3 with the head of year and Connie's brown owl. She also taught Edie and Connie so am glad he got her. Ted has to wear glasses for school work now. He's on orange books now I think. He loves juniors.
Gus is starting trinket box today and will do Monday afternoons and all day Tuesday and Fridays. Not sure what he's going to make of it so watch this space!!
Gemma can't believe Jacks a free reader now!! Teds friend has a really high reading age of 10 and he's still only 1 ahead of Ted! Jack must be well good!!!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am

Rachel - I think junior schools all vary with their reading book schemes. I know (and it sounds similar to Greenways) that you can be free reader in infants (Ted was wasn't he?) and then in Juniors there is a different colour scheme where you can be pink, orange blue etc again but that these don't relate to the infant schemes but of course are still progressive books. Most infant schools do use a similar scheme as each other.

William has settled back into school well - he spent last week learning about electricity pylons in Science which he enjoyed and I think this week they re-start read, write, inc which he is looking forward to.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#10 Unread post by Gina73 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:14 am

Mia goes into year 3 aswell, I cant believe our babies are now Juniors. It only felt like last year we were discussing them going into Reception. Mia is in Ms Cubberley/Mrs Davies class which according to a few of the other parents are good teachers and Mia seems to be happy so far. Mia's class has been split this year which hasn't been done since they went into Year 1. The kids were asked who their friends were and Mia has managed to stay with a few of her friends including her best friend since reception, although Mia did say that gets to see her other friends at break. Is early days as she only went back last Thursday but hoping she remains as happy as she has done since she started at Westborough.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

XxJack~AcexX

#11 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm sure I thought I read too that Ted was a Free reader Rachel hun?
They delayed Jacks step up in Infants and kept him on beyond Lime so he can start as a free reader in Juniors along with a few others.
He is a good reader hun, one of his strong points with his Maths so i'm pleased. I never liked reading, still don't :o x
ImageImage

ImageImage

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#12 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah he was a free reader in infants but they start again in juniors.

XxJack~AcexX

#13 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Ahh ok hun. They had extra levels to hang them out a bit but he is a free reader in juniors now x
ImageImage

ImageImage

Return to “Education”